Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

My arrow just hit a TWIG en route to the deer of a lifetime

Hopefully you find it tomorrow. Good luck.
Thanks. I've been bowhunting a long time this is the first time in probably 15 years where I haven't watched them drop or know they were going to. Shitty feeling. Just let hoping the deer is dead for the sake of not suffering.

Happens to the best! Sorry to hear that but we all have those moments in hunting that we miss or something happens that was unexpected and cost us a big buck, just is extra rough that yours was such a big buck.

That just plain sucks..If it was a clean miss at least you didn't wound and lose it. Keep at em, you may be able to turn him up again.

I was sneaking up on a doe years ago. I was in range and waiting for her to turn broadside when I saw something move up on the hill to my right. It was a big buck. I forgot about the doe and knelt behind a mulberry tree waiting for a shot at the buck. He sniffed around and chased the doe for a while. When he finally decided she wasn't in the mood for love he bedded up on the hill thirty yards from me. It took half an hour, but he finally stood and left me with a broadside shot. I drew, lined up the sights, and triggered the release. Watching the arrow in flight, the shot was perfect...until it wasn't. I heard the "tink" as the arrow hit the unseen goldenrod stem. It fish-tailed and slammed into the bucks guts. Robbed of energy the big two blade Magnus didn't go through.

I was sick to my stomach, it was the biggest buck I'd ever shot. I marked the spot where he was bedded and first blood and came back the next morning. Luckily I found him dead in his bed. He bedded up on a hilltop a quarter mile from the shot, watching his backtrail. The arrow was still inside of him and had sliced him up good as he ran.

Back