My 2020 Iowa season

Made it to the cabin the weekend of Feb 29th. Took dad's boat out at Genoa dam and got a bunch of saugers around 10 to 12 inches.20200229_111014.jpg

After about 2 hours I hooked into something that felt like a keeper. Hoping it was a walleye I was surprised to see a sturgeon.

20200229_115247.jpg
We decided to call it quits after that. Was alot of fun for the first open water trip of the season.

The following weekend I decided to take my small boat out on the cedar river close to home. With the snow melt the river is coming up and getting dirty. Fished with a buddy for about an hour and a half with no bites. Moving on to a new spot the old evinrude 6 horse decided to start acting up. Decided to call it quits.20200310_151836.jpg

Tonight I'm getting the other boat ready with the new motor to head back to the cabin for some break in time and a little walleye fishing.

Ha! I can relate. My golden got skunked on three Saturdays in a row last fall. I feel for ya, but been there, done that.

I became totally paranoid that was the case with Gus. Twice he dove into clumps of Reed Canary grass and then backed out with a skunk by the tail. This does not work well. I separated them and got a bit of it myself the first time.

What is your concoction for this sort of thing? We are using hydrogen peroxide, dish soap and something else. I don't recall what.

I became totally paranoid that was the case with Gus. Twice he dove into clumps of Reed Canary grass and then backed out with a skunk by the tail. This does not work well. I separated them and got a bit of it myself the first time.

What is your concoction for this sort of thing? We are using hydrogen peroxide, dish soap and something else. I don't recall what.
I do that mixture with a bit of baking soda added. I Follow it with a bath using regular pet shampoo and then kick them outside for a few days!

Tecnu the poison ivy lotion touts itself as a fine option to remove the sulfur based stinky stuff from a dog's coat. I am very happy to not have needed to test this tip.

Made it to the cabin to do some fishing over the last couple weekends. Definitely nothing to brag about. They put a new slot limit on walleye. Can keep em between 15 and 20 inches and only 1 over 27 inches. Just my luck everything I catch is either under 15 or over 20. Still fun catching a few.

Dad managed to catch a big carp. Exciting catching a big fish until we realized what it was.

20200619_102636.jpg

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back