Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

My '19-'20 Nevada Trapping Journal

Where do you buy your stretchers? I need to order some for coyotes I've gotten back into coyote hunting this year and am absolutely addicted. Also plan on putting out some bobcat sets next December.

Check out top lot streachers. there coyote/cat stretcher is awesome. The nose of them need to be sanded a little and I like to shave 1/4" from each side in the neck area of the stretcher for my cats. Doesn't have to be done, but that's always where cats hang up while being put on the stretcher. If you get a really big cat it won't matter, but like this female I had to put on one of my coyote ones because my shaved cats ones where being used, and it took a lot of tugging to get it tight in the head.

Season is officially over. Here’s our catches minus a half dozen grey fox, 5 kit fox, 8 muskrats, and 6 badgers. Prices are low on cats but it is what it is. I figure I’d be out in the mountains anyways and at least with trapping I can cover my cost. We will take the next month off to relax and do family stuff, then the preseason starts. I found out this season how important the preseason is. It’s the reason I was able to have success and also the reason I didn’t have more success. I ran out of areas to trap at the end but the areas I did scout and trap were the areas I had success.

Attachments

• 344E281F-58BF-48C4-B104-5D4DE91BC25E.jpeg
    344E281F-58BF-48C4-B104-5D4DE91BC25E.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 30
What an awesome thread. I've done a little trapping and thoroughly enjoyed it. Plan to do a lot more in the coming years. Now I know who to come to with questions. Thank you for sharing.

I knew we had tons of coyotes here in southern NV but I had no idea there were so many Bobcats. When I was still working I used to drive into Vegas at about 4am everyday and I did see quite a few foxes while driving down the highway.

I knew we had tons of coyotes here in southern NV but I had no idea there were so many Bobcats. When I was still working I used to drive into Vegas at about 4am everyday and I did see quite a few foxes while driving down the highway.
Lots of cats down here and way to many fox!

Back