Caribou Gear

My '12 CO Buck

Zach

Nothing special and about average for the unit I hunt.

What did make the day special was hunting with my daughter. We were trying to get her on a doe, and had one stalk but got busted. The second stalk produced my buck. We had about a 75 yard creep and at one point had to hunker down for about 15 min while the buck was grazing. We had to wait for him to move to the side of a small knoll. Once he moved that way I had another 20 yd belly crawl to get into a decent shooting position.

Made the kill shot at 100yds.

IMG1247-L.jpg

Very proud of my daughter for hanging in all day Saturday and a cold,windy day with very little animal movement.

We went back yesterday afternoon, but of course with her holding a doe tag all we saw were bucks. We're going to hold her tag and go after the doe in late season.

It was cold! Good luck to your little lady there filling her tag, and fine job on punching your goat tag Zach!

Congrats to you and your daughter. Sounds like you had a fun day.

Nice buck.

However, you are officially entered in my own personal worst hunting picture contest 2012.:DI'm thinking of giving away a old camera and a 30 pack of AA batteries.;)

I need to spend some time tagging other pics as well. Maybe start my own worst of thread:hump:

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back