My 04 cow elk hunt.

cmc

I'm not a bull hunter. Guess it's cuz I actually want to hunt rather than wait around for tags although it took me a few years to draw a cow tag so what ever that means....

In any event I after 8 days of hunting unit 7M (city of Flagstaff) I bagged my archery cow.

04elk,jpg_jpg.jpg

My only problem was doing the hunt by myself. Well not so much as the hunt but the after hunt where I wish I had friends. I've packed out several elk and this was the first of mine in years to be able to drive a truck to.

Me wishing I'd brought the second come-along with me...

loadelk_jpg.jpg

The rest of my 2004 Elk hunt pics.
I also have a bit more of a story over on my web site... CMC 2004 Elk post on AZUHO.com
And some of my notes from camp since I had my laptop in my trailer with me... Journal Post.

Not to forget I got a duck jumping a tank while up there too.... Harvest in Flagstaff Post.

a come-along, and a few serious heve-ho's.... and the log as a lever was a huge help.

only took about an hour. was just about ready to cut her in half but she started to go in just after the picture.

cmc

cmc, Congradulations! I can't wait to bust some Elk in two weeks...go to Harbour Freight and get you one of those cheap 2000 lb. electric winches, put it, a rope and jumper cables with gloves in one of thes small plastic totes and keep it in your truck. I have one that I swear by for loading dead tractors, putting box stand up, ect. Thats cow is going to be some fine eating. WTG Draftstud

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back