My 04 cow elk hunt.

cmc

I'm not a bull hunter. Guess it's cuz I actually want to hunt rather than wait around for tags although it took me a few years to draw a cow tag so what ever that means....

In any event I after 8 days of hunting unit 7M (city of Flagstaff) I bagged my archery cow.

04elk,jpg_jpg.jpg

My only problem was doing the hunt by myself. Well not so much as the hunt but the after hunt where I wish I had friends. I've packed out several elk and this was the first of mine in years to be able to drive a truck to.

Me wishing I'd brought the second come-along with me...

loadelk_jpg.jpg

The rest of my 2004 Elk hunt pics.
I also have a bit more of a story over on my web site... CMC 2004 Elk post on AZUHO.com
And some of my notes from camp since I had my laptop in my trailer with me... Journal Post.

Not to forget I got a duck jumping a tank while up there too.... Harvest in Flagstaff Post.

a come-along, and a few serious heve-ho's.... and the log as a lever was a huge help.

only took about an hour. was just about ready to cut her in half but she started to go in just after the picture.

cmc

cmc, Congradulations! I can't wait to bust some Elk in two weeks...go to Harbour Freight and get you one of those cheap 2000 lb. electric winches, put it, a rope and jumper cables with gloves in one of thes small plastic totes and keep it in your truck. I have one that I swear by for loading dead tractors, putting box stand up, ect. Thats cow is going to be some fine eating. WTG Draftstud

Back