Muzzleloader record book

Casey Richardson

I can't seem to find a listing for the Longhunter's Society and record book online. Anyone got a copy? I am looking for the number one for griz, mtn caribou, cnd moose, goat, and stone sheep. Also what score it would take to break into the top ten. Any help? Happy hunting, Casey
Oh yah, black bear too. :D

I never get to shoot anything. LOL Actully I am planning a hunt to BC and have an offer from a muzzleloader outfit and I am kinda curious what has been taken with smokepoles. I am thinking it could be fun. How ya been? Finally got the computer up and running so I will be in to drive everyone crazy a little more frequently. Happy hunting,Casey

Doing good. Still waiting to shoot a good bear :) took another Idaho bear last year but it wasn't a big one. Although I took good pictures.

Heres the Link to ALL the Pictures : http://www.hunttalk.com/gallery/springbear

And here is a couple pics.

bb.sized.jpg

bear5.sized.jpg

You staying Busy with your Bear hunts ? MtMiller came back and told a good story on his hunt. Looks like you guys are still wacking and Stacking some toads.

As to what game has been taken with a muzzleloader. From the time the Pilgrims landed in Plymouth until after the civil war every game animal on the continent that includes Grizzlys. Before we got here the Native Americans were killing same with arrows and pointy sticks.

Does anyone know what the muzzleloader world record dall sheep scores? Help settle a bet for me

As of the Fifth Edition, printed in 2008, the World Record Dall's Sheep is:

170 2/8 by Bob Hudson, taken in 1995 in the Talkeetna Mountains of Alaska.

Length - R 41 0/8 L 41 0/8
Bases - R 13 6/8 L 13 5/8
Q3 - R 6 4/8 L 6 4/8
Greatest Spread 27 0/8
Tip to Tip Spread 27 0/8

Hope that helps. Do I get a commission? :D

Back