MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Muskrats ('Skrats); It's What's For Dinner

"Mask the flavor"? Seasonings and vegies should enhance and compliment the flavor of the meat.

As always enjoy the short videos yall put together, particularly with experimenting and how to for food. I was able to kill a couple big nutria while on a duck hunt this season. After watching this I might have to stir a pot of nutria gravy Saturday night. Hopefully next year I'll have time to try to trap some using similar methods shown in the videos.

I always seem to enjoy your "day by day" youtube series. This was no exception! I've never went trapping before. I've always wanted to, but I don't have the time to be able to check traps daily and already have way too many hobbies. I learned from these videos and enjoyed the reactions when people tried it. Maybe in retirement I'll get out to trap some 'skrats

Always wanted to try beaver, not sure about muskrats though. I duck hunt a wild rice lake in northern Wisconsin. When you shine you spotlight on the lake it just glows with all the muskrat eyes. That place would be a muskrat trappers heaven

Big Fin: What are you wearng for gloves, that you can dunk them n frigid water and not get them soaked?

Big Fin: What are you wearng for gloves, that you can dunk them n frigid water and not get them soaked?

Like Kansas Dad said, they are the Sitka Delta Deek gloves. John Barklow, lead product engineer for Sitka sent them to me and asked me to see how they work when water trapping. They work amazing. Barklow is a product genius and he has proven it again with these gloves, both for their original design of waterfowling in cold temps and for trapping as you saw in those videos.

Link to purchase on Amazon is here - https://amzn.to/2Z2dWgB

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back