Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

2022/2023 Trapping Thread

Anyone familiar with this track pattern? It took the bait off one of my frozen sets. I couldn't find a clear print. Western montana

Attachments

• 20221229_102329.jpg
    20221229_102329.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20221229_102337.jpg
    20221229_102337.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 21
That is the conclusion I came to after looking through my tracking book. It appears to be "bounding" like a weasel type animal
We have them here in the U.P. in Michigan and have a limited season, didn't know if they were found where you are located. That pattern and size looked familiar.

Last edited:
No break aways required in Canada?
We have a 265 pound breakaway on power rams. This can be accomplished through using thinner cable that will break at 265 pounds like I use or thicker cable with a S break away hook

Had my first trap stolen today, followed the only other boot tracks in the area a mile back to the idiots house and gave the warden his info. I tried knocking to give him an opportunity to give it back but whatever, guess we will see what happens

Great pictures and love to see the kids out with mom and dad trapping. I haven't trapped since High School and I miss doing it. I do love to call coyotes though and I'd love to get a wolf that way. Heading out in a couple days to see if I can call one in.

I'm a member of a group called Montana Sportsman for Fish & Wildlife. We are a very active group fighting to protect our outdoor heritage. Our Mission Statement pretty much says it all. We are all about families enjoying our outdoors. Here's a link to our site and our mission statement says this.

http://www.mt-sfw.org/

To Preserve, Protect and Enhance Montana's Hunting, Fishing, and Trapping Rights while Protecting Montana's Rural Heritage.

Great thread. I appreciate being able to live vicariously through you folks as it appears there is very little to no trapping in the cards for me this season.

This is the time to start setting for otter here but with a shakeup at work that happened early January I am busier than ever. Looks like it is going to be another 100+ nights in a hotel for me again this year. Already at 20.

On a normal year I run about a 50-75 trap line but for the last 2 years I haven’t run more than a couple with gas prices up and fur prices down, but instead I’ve began to teach my neighbors how to trap. The dad did it many years ago and his boys want to learn so they came to me and asked if I’d help them. So the kid has been running a small snare line this year and has caught some beautiful red fox. It brings me a lot of joy seeing the next generation have success.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back