Music Madness!

Well, I still have my first entry alive. Not out of it yet! As far as the mighty Zeppelin going down, I only have one thing to say. I WAS ROBBED!!!

Tool - Pneuma vs Foo Fighters - Everlong
"Everlong" is just a really solid song. I know its a cliche to say a song is over-produced but that is exactly what comes to mind when I listened to "Pneuma". The vocal echo really takes away from some incredible drums.

Say it ain't so!! I'm glad you can appreciate the drums, Danny Carey is a damn beast!

Elite Eight

Deer Bracket
Linkin Park - Leave Out All the Rest vs Tom Petty - You Don't Know How it Feels
A tough call but Petty just has too much. "You Don't Know How it Feels" wins the Deer Bracket

Elk Bracket
REO Speedwagon - Roll With the Changes vs Lynyrd Skynyrd - The Ballad of Curtis Loew
Love both of these bands but other songs a little more. I really like something about the simplicity of "The Ballad of Curtis Loew" so it wins the Elk Bracket

Sheep Bracket
Steve Miller Band - Jet Airliner vs Bob Seger - Night Moves
The most difficult decision of the whole tournament right here. Great songs by great bands. Can't find a reason to fault either but Seger might have the best rock n roll voice of all time. "Night Moves" wins the Sheep Bracket.

Moose Bracket
Johnny Cash - Hurt vs AC/DC - Thunderstruck
I like "Thunderstruck" but this one goes to Cash pretty easy. "Hurt" wins the Moose Bracket.

Final Four

2) Tom Petty - You Don't Know How it Feels (Southern Elk)
10) Lynyrd Skynyrd - The Ballad of Curtis Loew (jvanhoy)

2) Bob Seger - Night Moves (Lone Elk)
4) Johnny Cash - Hurt (jabber)

@kenton before you give us the finals you should let us know what your two songs would have been, if they aren't already in the brackets.

It is time!

Tom Petty - You Don't Know How it Feels vs Lynyrd Skynyrd - The Ballad of Curtis Loew
"You Don't Know How it Feels" squeaks by to get to the title round.

Bob Seger - Night Moves vs Johnny Cash - Hurt
"Hurt" wins by the slimmest of margins.

Championship Round

Tom Petty - You Don't Know How it Feels vs Johnny Cash - Hurt
Johnny Cash is great and in my opinion, his cover of "Hurt" is his best work. While I would take the whole catalog of Tom Petty over that of Johnny Cash, I think a couple of songs are better than "You Don't Know How it Feels". "Hurt" is my fourth favorite song of all time and the winner of this tourney.

Congrats to Jabber for picking this great song and taking home the title. I hope everyone enjoyed this as much as I did but my goodness was it way more difficult than I thought it would be. Thanks all.

Pretty enjoyable following along with your judgement of music Kenton. Brass monkey balls for a few of your decisions though you made it clearly known, you're the king of your own music selection.
Of course Billy Joel's Piano Man puts all songs to shame though he knows how it feels, I'm sure.

@jabber I believe you've taken a HT FFL win as well if I'm not mistaken. Grats on another HT win!

Good fun Kenton, thanks again.

All Hail the Man in Black.

I wished I had won, but at least one of my songs went down to the champ.

This was fun!! Thanks for putting it on Kenton. First time I heard that song was on a rock station. I was confused because I was sure it was Johnny Cash but what was he doing on a rock station. Awesome song. Thanks Enjoyed it.

Back