Yeti GOBOX Collection

Music Madness!

kenton

Since the "Madness" that happens in March has been cancelled, I haven't had my bracket fix so I thought I would come up with a little game called Music Madness. The first 64 people that reply with a song will be put into a bracket. Once the bracket is full, I will start advancing winners until the champion is crowned. You can pick a song you think I will like or pick your own favorite and try to sway my opinion so feel free to "stump speech" for your selection when you enter it.

Rules:
one entry per person
entry must contain song title and artist

Prizes:
I'll throw in a $25 gift card to basspro/cabelas
You can be my friend, which comes with all the perks of...um...well...i don't know

Hints: I like AC/DC, Beatles, Cash, Doors, Eminem, Foo Fighters, Green Day, INXS, Journey, Kansas, Lenard Skynard, Steve Miller, Nugent, Outcast, Petty, Queen, Reo Speedwagon, Segar, The Record Company, U2, Who, ZZ Top
I don't like 99% of the past 40 years of country, Metallica

So if you think you have the musical mastery, the song sureness, the lyrical latitude, the beat bravado, the forte fortitude, then lets play.

This ones been out a minute but I think you’d appreciate it. Warren Haynes is the man no matter who he plays with but his solo stuff gets overlooked, but he kills it on this song, Hattiesburg Hustle

feel free to "stump speech" for your selection when you enter it

Okay @kenton - Here's my sacrificial offering to the March Madness Gods... When I think of the best of days - the age of innocence, the song that brings back those days and the movie that pulls it all together. The Breakfast Club is the glue for those memories and while Simple Minds might not be my favorite band, this song instantly takes me back.

Following your rules: Simple Minds, Don't You Forget About Me.

And what beats the quote within:

images

Last edited:
While this is a cover song and not the original artist, I believe all will agree (or at least those with a musical ear) that this version is much better than the original. That said here is my entry.

Hurt
Johnny Cash

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back