Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Music Friday—-With Horns

Great thread guys

Speaking of horn's----One of my favorite memories --we were in New Orleans and they were celebrating someones life on the way to the cemetery. This huge lady ( maybe 300 pounds ) was following along, dancing and twirling her umbrella. I ask her if I could join the "celebration". She said most definitely but I had to stay in the second group as the first group following the musicians were family members. I ask my husband if he wanted to go with me and he declined, so off I went, dancing to the sound of those horn's and boy could those fellows play. Wonderful memory and thanks to you fellows I thought of it again today.

#2 noharleyyet --loved the Tijuana Brass and yes, good cover
#4 Jabber :love:
#37 44hunter45 :love: and for # 76, thank you ! loved Elvis--and--otis and wilson !
#41, Ben--:love:
# 78 Bighornram :love: thank you
# 79 Elkduds :):) I miss those guys Sammy, Dean, Frank
#93 Tradewind, Love Patti

I always enjoyed Miles ( which no one has posted ) as well as Dizzy, Louie, and Duke

My pick this week would be------a clip of the 2004 Melbourne, Australia concert of the Eagles playing Hotel California . They start the song with the trumpet (which is not normal ) and he is pretty good and then the 4 guitar's, which is always a joy to hear and finally Don starts singing and playing the drums. A different beginning to an old song.

Thank you gentlemen

I know it is Saturday, but---

Jabber-- # 9 -I forgot to mention this post yesterday, well played, love it !

Elkduds--105, thank you
Mrs Elkduds 106 thank you
noharleyyet 109 thank you
texrope 111--one of my favorites
tradewind--thank you

also---I have no idea how I forgot this.

Coltrane, My favorite things .

and--a couple of fellows were surprised that I "celebrated", death. This is something that has been done for many, many years and not just in New Orleans. I have seen these celebrations in Spain, Brazil, and South Africa. The brass band and drums usually play somber music to the grave site and happy, upbeat music leaving the gravesite. I was not being disrespectful to the deceased but participating the celebration of his life. I said "his", as in the beginning these festivals were for males, but they now also celebrate the life of the female after she has passed. We ended up having dinner with the lady who invited me to participate, in her home. I also enjoyed Mardi Gras when I was younger, but those memories/stories will follow to the grave ;)

Since it’s GAME DAY !!! 🏈 here’s the OMB playing MIGHTY OREGON …
And it’s rivalry day DUCKS 🦆 vs 🐺 DAWGS in Seattle today , Go Ducks Go !!!!! Huck the Fuskies and all that 🤣 and now without further ado let’s hear some horns

Last edited:
Back