PEAX Equipment

Muley Buck

Cargo

Here is the canyon I shot my buck out of. I spotted the buck from the rim where you see the snow. He was on the far side of the canyon.
canyon_08.jpg

This is the other side of the canyon. Down near the bottom in the finger of trees by the largest pine tree is where the buck was feeding. My friend drove around the canyon and ended up where you see the snow at the top. It took me a little over an hour to make the stalk on him. I got within about 150 yds and made the shot.
08_trees.jpg

Here is my Buck.
08_muley.jpg

It was a heck of a pack back out to the top of the ridge. I took half and my friend took the other.
muley_08.jpg

Here are a couple of picture of the bucks teeth. They have asked me to send them in, it will be interesting to see how old the buck is.
teeth_08.jpg

08_teeth.jpg

Congrats, nice buck. I like that country too. Might have to make a trip to Wyoming some day.

Great looking buck. Congrats.

Did the Fish and Game have a guess on the age, or were they only waiting for the teeth to make the determination?

I had to stop at a game check station and asked them if they wanted the teeth. They told me just to send them in. Last year I shot a Moose in Wyoming and had to send the teeth in, It took the better part of a year to get the result back.
The teeth are pretty worn, don't know if it's from sandy soil or age. When I get back the results I will repost info with deer.

Thanks everyone. It was a enjoyable hunt done on public lands. I only spent a couple of days hunting when I took this buck. I had been in the area before and seen some nicer bucks and maybe should have held out a little longer. I knew if I made the stalk I would probably shoot the buck.

Don't second guess yourself with that buck....he's a beauty! Love that little area you killed him in. Great lookin' deer country.

Congrats on the buck! Looks like a good buck for the area. I didn't know they wanted teeth samples this year.

Sure glad you packed it out. A lot of guys would of just took a 4 wheeler down there to get it.

Great pics btw

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bonasababy
Back