Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Mud tires

HighDesertSage

If you guys were not worried about road noise, treadwear, and fuel mileage, what would be your best recommendation for a tire that kicks ass in the mud? I own some property in Wyoming and I have a truck I’m going to make a dedicated off-road rig just to get back there. The mud is very nasty.

I’ve had good luck with Maxxis Razr Mt’s on my truck but if I didn’t care about using them onroad then I’d probably go with Super Swampers.

We have some Cooper Discoverer MT’s on the ranch truck that have lasted really well and performed great. They clean themselves out well considering the fat clays we have around the place. Also, to my knowledge they’ve never been punctured. Which is a major PITA.

i put maxis mt,s on my dodge and like them,,actually pretty quiet for a aggressive mud tire,,and reasonable priced from wallmart,,,if your strictly off-road,,boggers would be way to go.

Super Swamper Boggers. You're welcome!
Nope I disagree. The bogger are awesome but I much prefer the TSL. The bogger in snow/ice on a side hill like to go sideways too much… not a custom cut bogger, but i
Feel the TSL patter is far better for WY where you won’t have a lot of mud, but more snow, ice, rocks and sand etc.

Super Swamper TSL SX . I have them on my hunting rigs in WY and they are amazing.

Nope I disagree. The bogger are awesome but I much prefer the TSL. The bogger in snow/ice on a side hill like to go sideways too much… not a custom cut bogger, but i
Feel the TSL patter is far better for WY where you won’t have a lot of mud, but more snow, ice, rocks and sand etc.

Super Swamper TSL SX . I have them on my hunting rigs in WY and they are amazing.
Maybe so, I don't have any experience with that but the OP asked about mud.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back