Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

MT whitetails

BuzzH

I spent the week before my Kodiak trip chasing whitetails in Montana. It was a great trip spent with my Dad and Brother as well as some long-time friends from Missoula.

The first day of hunting I bumped into a spike bull and two cows...I got a mean streak in me and shot the spike.

The following day my brother Matt shot this buck:

IMG_1541.JPG

A couple days later I had a good day seeing 20 bucks including some real good ones. One particular hillside had 5 good bucks on it. While I was walking along that hillside something caught my eye as it darted down a steep area. I knew right away it was a Mountain lion. I walked a couple feet further and there were 2 kittens laying on a piece of bare ground sunning themselves on the South facing slope. I just about got my camera on them before they took off. Its always a good deal to see a lion, and I've now seen 17 of them in the wild...only one with hounds. After seeing the lions and 19 whitetail bucks up to that point I started back toward camp. I didnt go far before I spotted this buck and decided he was good enough.

IMG_1555.JPG

Another look:

IMG_1564.JPG

The rest of the week went real well. Total for the week was 3 mule deer, 11 whitetail, and one elk. Good times.

Great pics Buzz....nice high basket rack and 2's on your buck and and a hell of a body on your brothers...congrats!

Nice deer Buzz and Matt. Sounds like you guys had another good hunt.

BTW, do you eat wild game 4 meals a day? :D Talk about whack'n and stack'n this year.

Nice bucks Buzz and Matt. Sounds like another great MT whitetail hunt for you guys.

Back