Caribou Gear Tarp

MT whitetails

BuzzH

I spent the week before my Kodiak trip chasing whitetails in Montana. It was a great trip spent with my Dad and Brother as well as some long-time friends from Missoula.

The first day of hunting I bumped into a spike bull and two cows...I got a mean streak in me and shot the spike.

The following day my brother Matt shot this buck:

IMG_1541.JPG

A couple days later I had a good day seeing 20 bucks including some real good ones. One particular hillside had 5 good bucks on it. While I was walking along that hillside something caught my eye as it darted down a steep area. I knew right away it was a Mountain lion. I walked a couple feet further and there were 2 kittens laying on a piece of bare ground sunning themselves on the South facing slope. I just about got my camera on them before they took off. Its always a good deal to see a lion, and I've now seen 17 of them in the wild...only one with hounds. After seeing the lions and 19 whitetail bucks up to that point I started back toward camp. I didnt go far before I spotted this buck and decided he was good enough.

IMG_1555.JPG

Another look:

IMG_1564.JPG

The rest of the week went real well. Total for the week was 3 mule deer, 11 whitetail, and one elk. Good times.

Great pics Buzz....nice high basket rack and 2's on your buck and and a hell of a body on your brothers...congrats!

Nice deer Buzz and Matt. Sounds like you guys had another good hunt.

BTW, do you eat wild game 4 meals a day? :D Talk about whack'n and stack'n this year.

Nice bucks Buzz and Matt. Sounds like another great MT whitetail hunt for you guys.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back