Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

MT waterfowl weekend

mtmiller

September flew by before I knew it and duck season is here. Ax and I hit the pond yesterday and found a few birds. Nobody else was having much luck, but I attribute that to the amount of water in the area and not the lack of ducks.

Axl was pumped and was just waiting for enough light to pick out drakes. :D
P1130681.jpg

The first duck to feel the steel was one of the best pintails I have ever shot, but the light was little better when the first green head hit the water.
P1130710.jpg

I was being pretty selctive and hoping for a last minute can, but I missed my opportunity. We headed back to the launch 1 duck short, but we did get a bonus Canada. Ax wasn't pumped about leaving without a limit. ;)
P1130745.jpg

Here is the mornings take. Axl had to pull a few neck feathers on the goose before I got on him. :eek:
P1130727.jpg

We headed to town, grabbed a bite to eat and then went looking for whiteys. The fall colors were a great backdrop for the hunt.
P1130630.jpg

I was just looking for does with my bow tag, unless Mr. Monster whitetail showed his face. I saw one buck that may have gone 140", but he didn't come close enough to force me to make a decision. Here are a few smaller guys that were in the area. Pictures through the blind mesh, so not great. Can you pick out this guy? He was at 30 yards.
P1130785.jpg

Here are a couple other little guys.
P1130793.jpg

P1130633.jpg

I just about shot a yearling at 25 yards, but unfortunately he had a couple buttons on his melon so I let him pass. I also had a raccoon at 30 yards, but I didn't want to sacrafice the arrow. No deer, but it was fun to get out and watch the critters.

Awesome pics dude. I'm betting after your Kodiak hunt it is nice to be back home on your own turf doing what you and Axl do best.

Back