Caribou Gear

MT Speed Goat Down

bowhuntmontana

Drew a tag for 560 this year. Moved from Great Falls to Billings and wanted to hunt new ground. Several scouting trips through the unit and a talk with the biologist had me wondering, as two consecutive years of blue tongue had taken its toll. Found this buck in a herd of about 15 on some walk in block management. Bumped them, and then put on about a mile long stock to 150 yards. Steep uphill shot, which introduced my scope to the bridge of my nose, but the buck just tipped over. Gutless method and boned him out and he is already butchered and in the freezer. Not a monster, but based on my scouting trips and overall numbers, I was really happy to get him. Also, those are some trophy backstraps!

Attachments

• Goat 1 (800x600).jpg
    Goat 1 (800x600).jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 738
Last edited:
Great buck. I had heard the same news about the antelope over there. Sounds like it's been a tough couple years for them over that way.

You may be modest but that is a really nice speed goat! Congrats, I love to hear the stories about the guys that put the time in, do some scouting, make the phone calls, and have success because of it.

We call a crescent-shaped scope cut on the forehead a "Montana brand."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back