MT NR Application package

I think you guys are misinterpreting the consequences of squaring points especially for moose, sheep, and mountain goat. It substantially helps those with close to max points.

In the short run, yes. In the long run, no.

Enjoy this BS tag while you can. If your a NR, whether born here or not, you should be purchasing the NR TAG. No college kids that move away so they don't have to pay out of state tuition, No native born resident of a relative.

We're going after this crap, to eliminate it. It's not like the game herds can tolerate any more pressure.

When am I able to buy points this year??Doing Wy. this year,but loved the hunting in Montana.I don't see the big deal in giving the past residents a break.Theres tons of untouched hunting land out there so there is no overcrowding.I saw 2 guys muley hunting during the rut on Block management land in 5 days hunting.And, saw a total of 4 guys bowhunting elk as far back as I was,and there were thousands of acres past my camp.The residents should be happy us NR come out there to hunt.We keep your prices down and pay the tab on BM
I met all great guys when I was out so I think its a minority of the NR haters.I'm actually pretty good friends with a father/son I met while elk hunting.I came out and they took time to take me out for muleys;great people.I think its a good thing for people to be able to come back and hunt with family and not break the bank

I think you guys are misinterpreting the consequences of squaring points especially for moose, sheep, and mountain goat. It substantially helps those with close to max points. I think the thing most of you natives who have been attempting to draw for many years will appreciate the most is that it reduces the odds that people with very few points will draw a tag. It's still going to be tough to draw a Breaks sheep tag even with max points, but if you do your homework, someone with max points can greatly benefit from squared points.

I like the idea mdunc that if I am consistant with buying points that it helps me draw when you may not ever draw that tags because guys with 0-2 pts always gets the tag from what I seen on my elk tag everyear. I think being consistant should be rewarded than the guy that throws in a shot because an outfitter with the hunt he paid for that year says "oh what the heck throw the permit fee in you may get lucky" type deal. Even though I was on the recieving end of that once on a great lope tag in those same cicumstances. LOL

Enjoy this BS tag while you can. If your a NR, whether born here or not, you should be purchasing the NR TAG. No college kids that move away so they don't have to pay out of state tuition, No native born resident of a relative.

We're going after this crap, to eliminate it. It's not like the game herds can tolerate any more pressure.

Im a non res and I agree with you on this if you move you are simply a non res. no ways around it in my book. I think that is only whats right.

I agree as well...but since the law is there...and I qualify...why not?

Being born in Montana has its advantages...

This was a good deal

Saw a lot of complaining about this new "tag" but I thought it was a great deal! MT Fish and Game did a great job assisting us with the application process, we got it done in plenty of time to apply for special hunts (we didnt draw any, but we tried) We just got back from a horse pack trip into the "Bob" and we both tagged bulls (6x7 and 5x6). As we are both natives of Montana who served in the military and wound up someplace else, the opportunity to return home to hunt with our familes was nothing short of awesome. Considering between the two of us we spent over $2100.00 in state (we kept track), the reduction in the tag cost was made up for by money spent. By the time we get done with deer hunts in November we will have substantially stimulated the local economies. As to taking opportunities away from "locals" 8 days in the back country and we did not see any except our family so I guess that kills that argument....

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back