MT Mountain Goat Update

Great looking goat, and nice photos! That weather looks fun. Congrats!

Pretty sure your definition of fun is slightly warped then, Oak!

Crittergetter: thanks for "taking" me there while I remained in a place where the air truly has oxygen and some warmth to it.

Fricken Awesome! Well done! Those are some super "hero" shots.

Goat hunts, IME (N = 1) make sure that you remember them...

Great story and pictures! I love those Big Billies in the snow! One of my favorite animals. Thanks sharing the story!

Was there any doubt this was going to be the result?

Nice goat.

Not sure exactly what size goat you were looking for, but looking the pics, that one has to be pretty damn close to your dream goat unless my goat peepers aren't what they used to be.

It's gotta be over 9" isn't it?

Maybe I missed the measurement somewhere.

Anyhoo, great job as always.

Congrats on a fitting end to you and the crew for all the hard work you guys put in! Awesome country and
a great billy. Bet you can't wait for one of your friends to draw and you get back up there and do it all
again!

Wow that thing was really haired out and the coat on that goat looks pretty good too! Congrats CG on another epic adventure!

Well, just checked him in at Fish and Game....Biologist said it was a 6 1/2 yr old.....Which is just what I was after. Probably wouldn't have ever gotten too much bigger,

Matt, my hat's off to you, brother! Looking at all your pics and reading what you endured makes me shut up about scouting the desert in 115 degree weather. You young guns are STUDS!!! Mega kudos on a beautiful goat ...

Congrats Matt. After spending a weekend goat hunting the same country I fell your pain. My hunt didnt work out so well. Awesome pics. HUNT

Great goat and great write up. After the pain becomes a distant memory you'll be chomping at the bit to help your buddies on their goat hunts. It becomes addictive.

Way to go Critter! Great job toughing it out.Brings back many "fond" memories of my goat hunt, same type of conditions,but without the any supporting cast and not the great outcome of a perfect billie.All I remember on my hunt was crawling through thigh deep snow at 10,000 ft. in zero degrees w/blowing snow wondering if had an ounce of sanity, and praying for steady feet while I packed a goat down.It was one of the few times I was uneasy about making it out alive.Congrats on a job well done.:hump:

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back