Yeti GOBOX Collection

MT Legislature - Week 7

SB 306, which end-runs the citizen's initiative to ban cyanide heap leech mining, passed the senate 29-21

Senator Shockley did a fantastic job rallying against the bill.

Just back from a day on the road. Can't believe this crap is happening. Let us know when these votes are coming up, Ben. They seem to be pulling them out of the air, so it is almost impossible to know the schedule and when you need to weigh in on them.

Thanks for all your work.

Tomorrow looks like a lot of third readings. Not much to do other than focus on the next 6 weeks.

Committee hearings pick back up on Wednesday. Thursday, March 3rd, at 2 pm, there will be a rally for access at the old supreme court chambers. The Anti-Access bill, HB 309, is in Senate Ag that day at 3 pm. We need everyone who can to come and stand up, speak out, and get the point across that we hunt, we fish and we vote.

We need to make sure a session like this never happens again.

Roger that.

We can no longer let those who sponsor and vote for this crap to go uncontested in the primaries and for sure need to remind voters prior to the general election. Anyone who thinks these votes for local legislators don't matter, need to read what has transpired.

There are some reasonable people out there, from both sides. But, the party system often results in the extremists getting the nod in the primary. Some districts are won in the primary, as it district is overly R or D.

We need better folks getting through the primaries, so the choices in the general election actually represent progress.

My legislator was put on notice. Every sportsman in the east flathead valley is going to know how he voted today. And I guarantee that message is going to carry around the rest of the valley.

We will be scheduling meetings with our legislatures right after the session is over for some face to face. I have been keeping track of bills and votes and have questions that need answered while wounds are still fresh.

Unbelievable... I guess I'll spend a few hours tonight writing emails.... And to think a month ago I was just laughing at some of these bills...

This is the seventh session I've worked on. Five in Wyoming and two in Montana. I have never seen a more anti-access, anti-hunter/angler or anti-environment groups of people in power.

We get the government that we deserve, some say. Others say, we got the government that was purchased.

Better than the wolf letter:

Governor registers Veto Brand

HELENA — Inspired by a recent editorial cartoon, Gov. Brian Schweitzer has registered an ornamental brand with the state Livestock Department that says "VETO."

4d672349afd85.image.jpg

From the sounds of the stuff you guys have been posting lately, I hope he intends to use it early and often...

I think we need to start a new political affiliation group. How about we call ourselves, Sportsman. Run our own people and put them up against these morons.

Remember my thread from february 16 - "a new montana sportsman group needed"?.......
Schweitzer is a showboater, but that veto brand article is funny....."it's not a lazy veto..."

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SubSpider
Back