MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

MT Governor's Race: Tim Fox to Release Conservation & Sportsmens Strategy

Democratic primary candidates
Republican primary candidates
Third Party primary candidates

Considering those looking @ MT Governor for 2020, Looks like a good set Cooney (Born in MT, grad from UM, '89 Sec State MT+) or (R) Fox (Born in MT, grad from UM, '13 AG MT+) holds a strong potential to be the righteous ones for the MT mud slinging contest to begin...

I'm not a fan of Gianforte s hoping he is not the R pick.

@Sytes - pretty much there. I'm hosting a fundraiser for Mike Cooney on Sunday in Helena, if you want to come down for that too. ;)

Got this email from Jon Knokey today. It's refreshing to see a candidate dedicate an entire day to these issues rather than just pay it lip service with some pre-approved special interest talking points. I worked with Jon when he was in the Legislature & he's legit. Tim Fox has been a solid supporter of access during his time as Attorney General, with only one exception that I know of (Which Gov Bullock/Raph Graybill won on):

Now we need to get some momentum around the strategy and put Conservation & Outdoor issues at the center of the Gubernatorial discussion! Please forward this email and invite your friends, and consider posting to social media. We've got 3 events lined up for March 9th, see attached for specifics:

Monday, 9 March
11am-11:45am -
we release the strategy at the Cherry Creek fishing access. Tim and I will speak for 10 minutes, if anyone else wants to say something (perhaps on a specific topic, just let me know, the more the merrier but no pressure). There will be a microphone and podium. .

12:00-1:30pm - immediately after, we have a lunch at the Club Grill to discuss the strategy with a broader swath of people. This is not hand-picked group ready-made for a softball discussion. We will be inviting leaders in this arena to get real feedback. The idea here is a solid conversation on collaboration - what works, what doesn't, etc. Tim and I are committed to continuing to the get the best ideas on the table.

5:00pm - @ the R Bar this is our big event - a fundraiser and open to the public (beer and food provided, Mike Hope will quarantine off the back area for us).

Feel free to email this along with the attached invite or to save the image and post to social media. We'd really like the R Bar event to be posted far and wide, to get the public engaged. Please share and let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do - my cell: 406-223-8302.

Like you, I am invested in this topic. I was born literally 10 days after my mother went to deer camp for a week - she cut it close, but that just shows the value we put on getting into the wild. I had the great fortune to be born into a hook and bullet family. As I look to the next generation of Sportsmen issues - through the eyes of my 8, 6 and 3 year old - just know that Tim and I are absolutely committed to Conservation and Outdoor issues.

Your friend,
Jon Knokey

FoxOutdoor_RBar_9March.JPGFoxOutdoor_Release&Lunch_9March.JPG

Also, note the location of the FAS they're releasing this plan at. Dudes have some stones.
He's a unique, "Out of State" non-native of Montana as expressed by Bullock. The G is a gift unto himself.

Hopefully it's Fox and Cooney. As you know, I've voted Schweitzer and Bullock over the course of Gov's of recent. Advise Cooney (as his host) to dump the extreme D baggage and he will collect the same D votes as well as some in the middle <more> Indi and possible Repub votes...
Today's polarized partisan games, I'm vehemently opposed to the current DNC extreme themes though want to vote MT for Public lands and not opposed to Cooney if the Jersey G plays against Cooney. If Fox though... well, to the best MT Gov candidate and maybe not a selection for the lesser of two evils though it seems after all the mud slinging, that how it appears.

I hope Fox starts building his war chest.

I'll be there. Hunters would be fortunate to have Fox be the nominee on the R ticket. He and Knokey have reached out to me on many occasions to ask what resident hunters have as a priority. I sense they are sincere in this effort and view outdoor issues with a different perspective than past R candidates for Governor.

I sat down with Knokey after he was elected to the State House and he is on board with the issues us hunters care about. He proved to be a reasonable person in the Legislature. Fox is reasonable too, although nobody can agree 100% with any candidate.

Juras ran for Supreme Court and was shown to be an stream access disaster. Gianforte has the same mindset, even trying to snuff an easement on his property using my "good buddy" Wittich (sarcasm) to bring the lawsuit against FWP. I can't believe he picked her of all people.

I'll be voting for Fox in the Primary and I think if any of you left-leaning people have an independent streak in you should vote [for Fox on] the R ballot in the primary.

Last edited:
I'll be voting for Fox in the Primary and I think if any of you left-leaning people have an independent streak in you should vote (for Fox) the R ballot in the primary.
[/QUOTE]

This ⬆⬆⬆

I listened to this yesterday and thought I would post it here. It is a Montana Lowdown Podcast episode with Tim Fox.

I enjoyed it. When it comes to his side of the isle, I think he would be the best choice for governor. He comes across as more level headed than the typical politician.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back