Yeti GOBOX Collection

MT FW&P says I got my Elk Combo, what's next step for physical tag?

Turnbull71

Maybe I missed it but this year we were supposed to print ourselves then they had problems and I thought they were going to send them to us. It's been about over three weeks and no email or slow mail for next steps.

Maybe I missed it but this year we were supposed to print ourselves then they had problems and I thought they were going to send them to us. It's been about over three weeks and no email or slow mail for next steps.
I was thinking the same thing. Usually I get the tag within two days of the draw. So far, nothing. I know they went away from the plastic tags to regular paper, but I thought they were still going to mail them to prevent someone from printing multiples. I will eventually call FWP. I think everything is thrown into turmoil this spring.

I called Montana FWP earlier this week to clarify if they would be mailing out licenses and tags as I also drew a NR Elk tag. They graciously responded that, yes, they had a problem in their system and therefore would be sending out all applicable materials via mail. The woman I spoke with was courteous and professional...and had obviously received many calls before mine. So as stealthy_bowman so aptly stated earlier in this thread - Patience (for all of us). Hope this helps...

Is my Montana Elk Combo license really just a sheet of 8.5” x 11” copy paper? How am I supposed to attach it to a carcass in a way that a LEO can check it?

Trying not to end up on that wardens reality show here... I don’t need Brian Golie tracking me down.

Is my Montana Elk Combo license really just a sheet of 8.5” x 11” copy paper? How am I supposed to attach it to a carcass in a way that a LEO can check it?

Trying not to end up on that wardens reality show here... I don’t need Brian Golie tracking me down.
Yep, that's about it starting this year. We were supposed to be able to print them at home, but that won't start until next year now.
Just stick it in a small ziplock bag and tape that to the antlers with some electric tape.

I laminated mine with packing tape.

I'm also going to put it in a plastic bag and tape w/electrical tape. Laminating with packing tape also seems like a good option.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back