MT First Antelope Hunt

Pretty easy to kill a decent buck in 360, lots of easy pickings down low and you might be surprised at what’s up a little higher.. opener is packed but not much pressure after that.

Got some good info from a generous member on this forum. Plan on getting a few days in during archery and doing some scouting on the higher elevations. Won’t see my on rifle opener!

Spent last weekend up in the higher country. I can't believe all the archery hunters opening werkend. The antelope were very skitish by sunday. However lots of antelope still around and everybody had at least a few stalks in them. Black butte can be snowed in already by that time of year. If there is any real snow look for them to be migrating to the low country alreazdy. Last year they were gone by the third week in September.

I have been seeing a lot more of them down around Ft Benton and Big Sandy area than north central where I typically hunt birds. They took a beating a few years back due to blue tongue combined with severe winter but seem to be slowly crawling back in the country between Chinook and Malta.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back