MT Elk down! Great trip!

Think maybe the other guy found your camping spot on an internet forum? Maybe someone sent him there. :0,,,,,just sayin.

j/k!

Nice bull and write up.

Last edited:
Very nice bull, now exactly where was that? :D

Notellem Mtn range... haha! ;) (shhh. don't tell the others - PM's are a dandy function - I learned that from forum soap in the sock hazing). Haha!

Tjones - you blowin' out my elk day cake candles??? :D Have a heart. :)

Thanks for the grats guys! Wife and I were teetering on going halves on a steer - Having a 1 in 3 year elk ratio, this one came at the right time as I thought my ratio was going to bump from 33% to 25%. See how next year goes.

Last edited:
What happened to the trailer?

It is sitting upside down in my driveway. Not sure how my wife feels about it though she's pretty tolerant.
I'll bring the axle / hubs to Six Robblees and repair the trailer. It is probably a couple weeks away before getting back home. The trailer belongs to a friend from work. I tried to offer some $$$ as it is an ideal size for those smaller forest roads - though no go... He likes it as well.
After seeing how practical it worked, I'm going to weld one up - beef up the axle and mounting brackets - maybe look at buying a used small boat trailer and convert it.

Back