PEAX Equipment

MT ELK, Changing it up?

I’m sure Albus and Shooter will be opposed.
So, you think you know me now? Or are you just being a sarcastic ass?? If you are not dripping with sarcasm, congrats…..if you are, well you can figure out what to do to yourself and the horse you had to lead…..

How much for a year’s lease for exclusive access for @Carnage2011 and my family to hunt rabbits ( the only living wildlife in MT) in 2025? 😂
Depends on if the rabbit population is in the boom part of the cycle or the bust part of the cycle. Even if it is a bust, there is still likely to be prairie dogs. Not quite as tasty as a cottontail though.

Thanks for sharing. I am curious to hear more of your amd @Eric Albus perspective.

Beyond concerns for the DIY guys and the elk herd itself, what are some of you/your buddies concerns from an outfitter perspective? Lease prices going up, land owners taking trespass fees instead of leasing to reputable outfitters, both, something else?
“our concerns” are for the f-ing elk.

I hate elk but hate to see the quality degraded further. When I was a kid(1980’s) we bow hunted the breaks a lot, there were 350 class bulls everywhere, got to see 360-380 bulls annually. Now a 350 is nearly unheard of, due to way to many archery hunters and way, way to many rifle permits.

“our concerns” are for the f-ing elk.

I hate elk but hate to see the quality degraded further. When I was a kid(1980’s) we bow hunted the breaks a lot, there were 350 class bulls everywhere, got to see 360-380 bulls annually. Now a 350 is nearly unheard of, due to way to many archery hunters and way, way to many rifle permits.
Eric,

So, we can count on you lobbying against this proposal on the 14th? Either in person or via zoom!

On the other hand, this proposal would make those "to many permits" only good on the public lands and cut those permits by 50%! Opening up the private and privately controlled lands to "General" would allow the "Management" of the ever growing elk herd...... should only take a few years and it will be like traveling back in time to the 80's.....with a 350 bull standing on every ridge.....no?

So first post but it looks like fwp and worsech are holding our governor's and some rich peoples pockets. Seems they only trying to manage trophy bulls to there interest. And to think about it, I dont blame them. U think how the public has treated wildlife and the land. Killing everything and ruining it. Maybe its for the best at least the herds will survive on private. Some bulls will get some age. U will just have to get a 2nd job and go on a once in a lifetime hunt to kill a 300 bull in 5yrs. Or the public land hunters can loose there $hit and actually do something to better wildlife and hunting. Fwp is not gonna do there job. Think how places that u know of that should have huge deer and elk populations that maybe once did but are terrible now. The biggest problem is fwp and how they manage. The 2nd biggest is the public land hunter. I am a public land hunter but how many people kill a deer or elk just cause they have a tag. Maybe some laws should be be implemented and enforced to protect the wildlife and secure hunting opportunities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back