MT Draw Results

timber_hunter

Random question: Why does it take 2 months for Montana to post pronghorn draw results when deer/elk/moose/sheep/goat takes no time at all?

I admit, I'm a millennial with no patience...

It’s an antelope who cares if you get one cool if you don’t cool. Antelope numbers are way down from what I remember at least where I look.

I'm an adult onset hunter and just hunted my first year in 2019. So I'm pretty damn excited about the possibility of hunting antelope. :)
Don't be fooled, antelope are the best there is. It's a darn good thing we don't have to choose between them and other critters to chase. I hope WY hears my prayers this year and gives me my tag. All the other states have already ignored me.

EDIT: I was mistaken on my drawing dates

Yes there are a pile of things they need to do to attempt to balance permit numbers with counts, etc. MT can be a bit slow. Hunting requires patience on all ends

Last edited:
You’re not wrong to be impatient. I am too. It’s my favorite big game animal to hunt and they taste the best too. And next week is only the archery drawing, the rifle one isn’t until August.

Attachments

• 78D1389E-9DAC-41D1-91E9-179F67D1E60D.png
    78D1389E-9DAC-41D1-91E9-179F67D1E60D.png
    527.8 KB · Views: 23
I am looking forward to the 900-20 draw. Looking at past years, I shouldn't have trouble securing a tag, but you never know! I'll feel much better when I actually have the tag.

You’re not wrong to be impatient. I am too. It’s my favorite big game animal to hunt and they taste the best too. And next week is only the archery drawing, the rifle one isn’t until August.

I didn’t realize that the drawing was so late for rifle antelope. Boy that makes it tough to plan a hunting trip for someone who has to tracel 1500 miles.

I get that they need to do their population counts and issue the appropriate number of tags, but it really makes it tough planning time off work and coordinating with the family's schedule when the draw is so late in the summer.

I get that they need to do their population counts and issue the appropriate number of tags, but it really makes it tough planning time off work and coordinating with the family's schedule when the draw is so late in the summer.

I know it's been the first Monday or so of August the past few years but they seem to be ahead of schedule and sticking to their word of faster results. It wouldn't surprise me if they get released mid July. Really strange saying that but I have been impressed with them so far this year...we'll see.

It’s an antelope who cares if you get one cool if you don’t cool. Antelope numbers are way down from what I remember at least where I look.

Depends on where you look. If you read the literature from MT game and fish you would know exactly where they are above and below target levels.

Back