MT deer is up, elk to follow

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Well, MT finally got their website restored and running. As of right now, Deer A results are available. Elk and antelope should be soon to follow.

No 270 mule deer for me.

Runs by the name Matt...or "lucky bastage".

Well, nice to know some guy got it who will give it the effort it deserves. Last year I know a guy who got a 270 tag, drove over for one day, didn't see any deer (mostly because he is too lazy to get off the road) and concluded the unit was way over rated. He never went back and ended up shooting a dinker buck in central MT. Go figure.

I hope he never draws a special tag again.

Big Fin.. if your buddy shot a mule deer buck outside of 270.. he was breakin the law -breakin the law..

Buzz, your brother drew 270? What a fag.

Big Fin.. if your buddy shot a mule deer buck outside of 270.. he was breakin the law -breakin the law..

Greenie:

It was one of those deer that have tall white flags taped to their ass and they wave them as they run away. The kind fat guys can shoot from a road and don't live in mountainous areas that would require climbing and expending physical energy. They love alfalfa and hang out in river bottoms. Their antlers don't fork and they look more like bambi than mule deer. :D

A dink whitetail with a 270 permit in the pocket? That's even more criminal.

no 270 tag for me. Anyone have any inside info of when the lope and elk results will be up??

Big Fin.........just had to make a little clarification, not all whitey hunting in MT is quite like that, (although most is:))........coming from NW MT, some of my toughest hunts have been for thick timber, steep azz country whitetails. I prefer that over riverbottom deer any day.

THat said, looks like ill be draggin my butt around the Bridgers again this year looking for the one deer that lives there that might be over 175:)

Took some video Friday where you should hunt for your deer.. a lightning storm in a good buck place.. can you recognize?

Now it shows that I have the Missouri Breaks archery tag. Cool. Might be a struggle to fit that in with my NM Gila archery tag, and ....., and ......, and ...... :D:D:D

Notta... I was all excited cause when I checked points last night, I had an extra deer point...but not an extra elk point... didn't work out though!

My only shot at hunting this Fall was a late season tag. Fat chance that I'd draw, but for some reason I had my hopes up a bit. Those have now been dashed. Best of luck to the rest of you.

I guess congrats to Matt for drawing the coveted 270 tag. That's the good news. The bad news is the deer in the area are way down. Miss managed by FWP, (old biologist is gone thank god)..and massive predation. Lions and wolves. The count is less than half what is was a few short years ago. The FWP count didn't even count the number of bucks that they gave tags for. Wouldn't it be great if we could hold them accountable for their actions. It took hard work and years of waiting to turn that area into a premier hunt. The guy that left here ruined it in less than 3 years.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back