Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

MT Bull--Finally!

Fatrack

Hey guys,

Happy Hunting Season!

Its good to have goals right? Well, I set one this year, a pretty lofty one at that. In fact, the goal was one that even a few buddies laughed at. I've hunted elk for quite a while, I believe this season is my 14th consecutive season where I've chased elk around the mountains. During this time I've had many awesome encounters, experiences and even some success along the way. However, I've never been able to close the deal on a "BIG" bull. Now, big is certainly a tough thing to characterized, but I've always thought of a 350 class archery bull as my personal "Holy Grail". I've come close with bulls that I've harvested, I've come close on bulls that I've hunted, but have never been able to close the deal on one of these monster bulls. So what was this crazy goal of mine?....700" of elk this year. Crazy huh...not only did I have my eyes set on my own personal "Holy Grail", but I wanted to get it done and then repeat it. Well, needless to say, the first leg of the season is over and I'm well on my way to "700". Next week, I'm embarking on the second leg of my elk season, New Mexico. I'll have three days to scout and five days to hunt. Anything north of 330 will get me to my goal, it will be tough, but doable! Here's to "700", wish me luck!

2014 MT Bull

2014 MT Elk Small.jpg

Good 2 small.jpg

Good 3 Small.jpg

I would say you closed the deal on a "BIG" bull for sure, congrats! Even if you have nerves of steel, it would be interesting to know what your pulse rate jumped to when you drew back on that bull, I think I would blow an artery being close to a bull like that. Good luck in New Mex.

Congrats! I have had the same goal for a few years now (shooting a 350 class bull), but they 're still winning the battle. I'm still giving it my best. Congratulations on a great bull!

I would say you closed the deal on a "BIG" bull for sure, congrats! Even if you have nerves of steel, it would be interesting to know what your pulse rate jumped to when you drew back on that bull, I think I would blow an artery being close to a bull like that. Good luck in New Mex.

it was kinda wierd, I was really calm during the moment of truth...probably because I drained the tank on the sprint over to cut him off!

Awesome!!!

Did you hear the silver fox lives in billings now? He says hello!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back