Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

MT Bull Down Finally...........

Congrats Matt! You earned that one for sure! How deep was the snow?

Snow was belly deep on that bull when i pulled the trigger.

Even snow shoes were worthless:) 5 days of that kind of snow will about kill a guy. And was just heading out but got a hold of my buddy with horses and he said he could ride in with me today and help me. Think i'm gonna take him up on it:):) Otherwise would be like greenhorn and have 33 hrs of packing ahead of me.

Nice bull.Hard to imagine hunting an area where a guy can pass on 40 bulls.Special draw area?

I have a little more time than most of you which helps. Sorry, nothing special for me, my wife is the only lucky one in my family when it comes to drawing anything good.

See, i drew an "awesome" NM deer tag and look what it got me:):) Think ill just stick to general hunting and hunting my azz off;)

Congrats Gitter!! Heck of a bull...your definition of a monster is lost on me.

Great bull, congrats. I wish I had a few extra vacation days, I'd be down there tomorrow... Not to help you pack it out however. :D

I wonder if the F&G will close the season since too many animals will likely die? I mean if they can extened it a few weeks why not the other way? ;)

No, they will probably extend it because so many hunters aren't going out cause "its too cold and there is too much snow"... Lmao..

Glad to hear you are getting some help Matt. I was wishing I had the day off to come help you.

Just got a call from a bud that got a 340... his best yet. Wild, mountain bull also!! wooHoo!

Awesome Matt. Looks likes a wild bull and hard earned. Id take that bull over a ranchland bull any day of the week, aint no couple with an infant gonna shoot that wise old bull.

:rolleyes: rockyboy where's yours ? ranch bull or not. I've got a rag six I could shoot from my deck at the hous if you want him. Oh wait he might not be wild. I think I know what your sayin. Looks like the bozo boys are rockin the west side boyss! Clock is ticking.:eek:
That's a good bull critter. Where ever you shot it!

Last edited:
:rolleyes: rockyboy where's yours ? ranch bull or not. I've got a rag six I could shoot from my deck at the hous if you want him. Oh wait he might not be wild. I think I know what your sayin. Looks like the bozo boys are rockin the west side boyss! Clock is ticking.:eek:
That's a good bull critter. Where ever you shot it!

Really......

my tag is filled. All im saying is to me personally, Matt's bull is a great accomplishment because not many people can kill these big wild bulls, no matter how much they would pay.

I know one thing...I cant kill the bastards. Hey Wingnut, I'll leave at 1 am, be at your doorstep by light to poke that bull in the yard....

Ditto on the inability to kill - anyone feel like showing this NV dude some mercy and telling me where you have one tied up? I can be up north in about 15 hours for some carnage...:D

Congrats, Matt. Must be one hell of a reward to have logged as many days and miles as you have this year. Glad to hear you are still happily married. Lots of elk eats and antlers at your house this year. Oh, and great bull, too.

That's an awesome bull Matt. Good to see all the hard work payed off.

Back