Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

MT bow season for moose or goats?

I'm not knocking you but I m knocking you. This comment is a prime example of the issues that continue to grow.

There's ample opportunity to hunt goats with your bow already. Adding additional archery tags or whatever is a terrible idea and just adds to the whole "opportunity" bullshit deal.

I want to hunt a goat for myself more than any other adventure in the world and even I can't get behind more opportunity in districts for archery hunters.
You could read the second part of the post, I'm not in favor of them doing that. It's not a good idea. It's a way to justify more tags, IMO, due to the "limited" success archery only hunters would have.

From my understanding they don’t want to add tags just days to season. I did ask if they would figure out some type of success rate to pull tags from rifle and move over to archery to make an archery only work and keep the harvest in the same area. They are worried by putting in a archery only tag such as that also that it would result in guys shooting more Nannie’s to punch the tag

From my understanding they don’t want to add tags just days to season. I did ask if they would figure out some type of success rate to pull tags from rifle and move over to archery to make an archery only work and keep the harvest in the same area. They are worried by putting in a archery only tag such as that also that it would result in guys shooting more Nannie’s to punch the tag
They would be punching kids, propping them on a rock, then standing across the basin so the photo makes it look huge. Kind of like they do in those black bear pics where the "old crusty boar" is the size of a well-fed raccoon.

The Wyoming task force wanted something similar. When I spoke I said fine, archery hunters want to start early on odd years, let's let rifle hunters go first in even years.

It's BS to allow archers to chase moose, sheep, goats around early and spook them and cream the best animals year after year.

Archers like to talk about fair and it's all crap, they want the first crack, archery only tags, archery only seasons, etc. for themselves and don't even entertain letting rifle hunters hunt first.

It's ridiculous, and not the intent of the archery seasons.

I say go for it. Archery is actually hunting. Slob rifle hunters with their long range setups don’t have much to complain about.

I didn’t get the survey but I’m assuming it would bring moose and goat seasons into harmony with existing bighorn sheep seasons.

There won’t be any extra tags issued. It would allow successful applicants to hunt with archery only for the first two weeks and then with any weapon after Sept. 15.

All archery seasons would start on the same date as archery deer and elk.

The more Ive thought about this the less I like it. Thinking back on Namelessranges graphs about the declining opportunity across all of our big 3 species, I just don't think now is the time to be extending seasons on moose and goats across the state.
But there are a few areas in R3 where they are propossing adding a few antler less moose licenses, as well as adding a moose season in R7. So at least in a few places, they seem to be doing okay.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back