MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

MT Antelope 1 Daughter 0

Nemont

Spent the antelope opener waiting for the roads to dry up enough to travel on. Finally got out and about at about 9:30. Immediately spotted a herd with an average buck but she isn't picky. Snuck to within 110 yards but the buck is standing behind some does and no shot presents itself until they wander out to about 250 yds. Missed the shot.

Another 4 times we sneak in on a herd and are either busted by the does or stupid road hunters. Never could get another decent shot and the day ended with one very tired daughter and memories of watching many thousands cranes migrate, several good stalks and time spent with my kids in the fields. Can't wait for Friday.

Nemont

Godd luck witht the lopes next weekend. I am looking forward to seeing how it goes down.

I hear you about the cranes. Saw quite a few myself. Some stayed in the area, but others kept their oxygen masks on.

Hey Mt, would you mind explaing what you meant in your post,

"godd luck witht the lopes next weekend. I am looking forward to seeing how you go down."

Sounds like you had a good day with your daughter. Good luck this weekend. I'm heading out the door right now to go thin the Colorado herd.

sorry to hear no luck in drawing blood but glad to hear about a wonderful day (any day hunting with your kids is a wonderful day).

Good luck next week and can't wait to be as lucky as you to go hunting with my daughter. It's going to be a while she's won't be three until Jan.

schelmster

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back