MT and AK bears

buglum

I've had a busy spring, arrowed the first bear at 23 yards in Alaska on a spot n stalk hunt.
Five days later I returned home and took this beautiful blond phased bear in Montana. It looks like a wet rat because of the pouring rain but it didn't take much convincing to get me to shoot this guy.

Attachments

• IMG_1508.jpg
    IMG_1508.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG_1643.jpg
    IMG_1643.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 575
Dandy bears, congrats. That MT bear is going be an awesome rug/mount.

That is awesome! couple of dandies right there. that head on the ak bear looks pretty big. What did afg measure it at when you had it sealed?

Congrats. That is one hell of a spring take of bears. Both look like great ones.

Busy is right, did you take blondee with your bow as well? And anymore pics of the bruins (I'm a bruin nut case..) with the bruins laying sideways with or without you behind?

@ wingman- I sealed the AK bear myself at 18 1/2". The area I hunted doesnt get block heads very often although he hardly had any teeth. I work for D&C Expediters based in Anchorage and Butte, Montana and we are able to seal Alaskan bears ourselves. (Just thought I would avoid the confusion of how I sealed it.)

@crittergitter- the grass looks the same except the top picture is salty grass and the bottom is regular flavor...:D

Last edited:
Any bear this spring season in Montana is a great bear. Thanks for sharing. I like the color of the MT bear.

Back