Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

MR LongBow and Pronghorns...

Elkgunner

Don't get around to post too much, but thought I would toss out some pictures on this year's antelope hunt. Hunted a new area, south of Glendive, MT, that I had never been to before. Got some great advice and then showed up after driving all night.

Found the areas, started bullchitting with the local ranchers and soon had ranchers calling other ranchers getting me access to places to hunt. Always entertaining how many doors open up with a 1/2 empty case of Coors Light. :D

Attachments

• cropped Wyoming Antelope 014 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    cropped Wyoming Antelope 014 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 931
  • Wyoming Antelope 066 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    Wyoming Antelope 066 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 934
  • Wyoming Antelope 054 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    Wyoming Antelope 054 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 975
  • Wyoming Antelope 041 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    Wyoming Antelope 041 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 990
  • Wyoming Antelope 050 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    Wyoming Antelope 050 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 944
  • Wyoming Antelope 037 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    Wyoming Antelope 037 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 877
  • Wyoming Antelope 028 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    Wyoming Antelope 028 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 894
  • Wyoming Antelope 023 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    Wyoming Antelope 023 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 880
It was a great hunt, got to take a first-time big game hunter with me who was able to kill his first big game animals, and learn how to field dress a critter. Despite me wanting to filet them in the field, he wanted to see them gutted....

A good time was had by all, and I think the Newbie is hooked on Pronghorns.... :)

And, the second picture, I have to give some kudos to Greenhorn on his suggestion that the Mystery Ranch LongBow pack is the ultimate antelope hunting outfit. Carried all I needed for hunting, including coats, SLR camera and telephoto lenses, plus hunting crap, and then took about 3 minutes to lash the goat onto the frame and start packing. It was pretty nice not to have to go back to the rig for a frame pack, and still have a pack that could carry the load, plus, as an added benefit, NOT make my arms go numb on the pack out.

I am now sold on the Mystery Ranch system....

Attachments

• Cropped Wyoming Antelope 005 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    Cropped Wyoming Antelope 005 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 892
  • Mystery Ranch Pack [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    Mystery Ranch Pack [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 16,190
Congrats on a good looking buck Gunner, good to see you around here for a change;) Those mystery ranch packs definitely don't suck when it comes to hauling critters. I'm kind of wanting a longbow, but not sure I really need one with a crew cab and 6500 already at home.

Last edited:
You'd of got on better hunting ground with a better beer bribe.

xx.jpg

Is the buck bound by the MR struggling to escape...or in the throes of passion?:D

Good job...excellent pics and story.

Cool photos and congrats on the lope. I bet for a full 12-pack, you'd have been able to drive up to retrieve it, and possibly been able to shoot it out of the window of the rancher's truck while doing 60mph..

...just think of the perks you'd've gotten had Jose and a bottle of Hennessy X.O accompanied you.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back