Caribou Gear

Mr buddy heater for tent camping

Has anyone here ever tried the Nu-Way stoves? They're a vented propane stove that are supposed to be safe to run in tents. I've thought about getting one for my kodiak canvas

Seriously though, I’ve never ran the tank top pictured overnight, but I have fallen asleep with the mr heater buddy on in the cargo trailer and not died.
I think I had the door cracked...
With that being said, in the winter at 8-10k ft I kinda have a hard time keeping that thing running.
I usually have to set it right next to the door with it cracked or it shuts off after like 10min.

I've used a Mr. Heater in both an enclosed trailer and kodiak canvas tent for over 15 years. Open windows for air flow in both and have ran the heater all night on low and have never had a problem. Probably hundreds of nights if I added up 15+ years of doing so. I do have a carbon monoxide detector but I have zero worries and usually get the best sleep of the entire year in both of those setups. If it's going to be on your mind each night and prevent you from falling asleep definitely choose another route.

I have run a Mr. Buddy in my 10x10 Kodiak with a CO defector and the windows partial down as a safety precaution. More cost effective to get a high quality sleeping bag and not worry about CO or condensation. I do enjoy the benefits of a stove and having the ability to dry out and cook meals during late rifle season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back