Moving to montana or idaho!

Then my figures were off.I was there 2 1/2 years ago.Really liked that town though.Big enough to have everything u need.Yet small enough to know most your neighbors.The hunting/fishing there is very very good though.No shortage of whitetail either.I have friends in that town now whom I met elk hunting and keep in touch with.Everyone I met there was super friendly

The more and more you try to talk him out of it the more he is likely to move there :p Living in a highly populated area in MN, with only fair big game hunting opportunities (pretty much just one deer and chance at a bear tag for most of the state) I can really see the appeal of heading west. The photos of a couple of winters ago dont even phase me as we had to shovel a whole in the snow bank just to find the mailbox. I have hunting and fishing in my blood. Its all I think about and until my sales skills improve to the point I can talk my wife into moving west, I am stuck here and I hate it. When i look out my office I see another sky scraper. My 45-50 minute ride to work is on a bus playing Clash of Clans. I sit in a window seat and look out. All winter long I saw 1 rabbit and 1 mouse. I was particularly happy seeing the mouse. Sad isnt it. There is a price to pay when your living next to a lot of jobs, shopping, sports, all that stuff that comes with living in a big city. I too have a gun in the house but sadly its not something I ever hope to use. I say head west and dont look back!

You got it StrutNRut! I hope that some day you can convince your wife to move with you because you dont want to be too late in your life to do it and have regrets. I am very fortunate to have a wife that understands my obsession with hunting year round and also does not care much about the city or shopping like most woman. I will be west, where is the the question.

I lived in Forsyth for about a year straight out of college...sadly was a non-resident for the first half of my time there so I missed out on summer river fishing & most of the big game hunting. I got my residency on the last few days of the general season. I managed to get my first mulie buck on a small piece of public land south of town. I think the Dairy Queen was on its try at being open year round. I got moved for work before I had a chance to really get a first hand grasp of the hunting but remember a good raccoon population that tempted me for some late night spotlighting.

Definitely visit that cmr/fort peck country before relocating. It's beautiful country with a lot of hunting opportunity, but it's also the most unforgiving part of the state. It's the hottest, coldest, windiest, driest, muddiest and loneliest country I've spent time in. People that call that country home are tougher then me by a long ways.

I second what Randy said. that is pretty country but also some of the most unforgiving. there are lots of areas that are accessible with a few hours drive from decent sized towns with good hunting. I live in an area where the closest town of any size is 45min to an hour away, the hunting is great but jobs are hard to come by. Good luck where ever you end up.

Everybody escapes to Montana. It is and is not what some hope for. I personally plan on escaping to central Idaho. It is a sportsman's paradise. Peace!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back