Caribou Gear

mounts in your office??

ashersdad

So how many of you have mounts in your office/place of business?

We had the ribbon cutting for our new office this week and clients and guests could come for the day and tour the new space. I have a couple deer mounts in my personal office. I guess one of the members of the local chamber of commerce was not too impressed with them.:D:D I have never had any clients complain or get offended. FYI, I usually don't meet with clients in my personal office. We have conference rooms for that so it is rare that anyone from the public is in my personal office. Anyway, I am still hoping I can fit either my moose or elk from last year in as well.;)
Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences.

I do. Never thought about them offending anyone but I suppose it could happen.

I had a deer mount in my last office. We had some investors in a developement com efrom Sun Valley and my boss wanted to know if we should take it down. We didn't and not much was said but I can see how it might offend someone. People get the wrong ideas as first impressions sometimes.

That being said, I'm having a Duck mount custom made for my office. Which doesn't sound likealot but it's a 2 tier water mount on a pedistal with 8 ducks on it... So It's won't be "small". I will also hang a buck if I ever get one worth hanging |oo|oo

My office is my "other man cave."

Anyone who doesn't like it can find a different CPA. Pretty simple.

Every client/employee/partner knows that being a CPA is NOT what my life is about. When they look around my office and see tons of pics of my wife, son, and I holding dead fish, birds, and critters, they know what my life is really about.

When you come to my office lobby, you get to read MT Outdoors, DU Magazine, Bugle Magazine, and some other wildlife table books. No Golf Digest, Travelers Magazine, or WSJ.

And, they know why I am not very good at returning phone calls from 9/1-12/31. No sense in side-stepping the notion. It is who I am, and if they expect me to be a CPA first, and father/husband/hunter second, I help them find another firm. :p

Glad I live in MT, where I can be "overboard" on the hunting/outdoor lifestyle, both at home and at work. :D

Don't hold back Asherdad. Get that moose and elk in the office. It will make your work days that much more enjoyable.

Wife wants me to bring Mr. Griz to the office. I told her that if she would help me break it in, I would gladly oblige and get it out of her sight.

I bought a unique deer mount that was left at my taxidermist for $60. It was a deer's ass with the tail straight up and an electric pencil sharpener in the A-hole. I had to mount it inside my closet door after a few people thought it was a bit crude. Some people are very sensitive.

I just have european mounts. Have one in my office and sheds on top of my bookcases. Never had any complaints, but you can't really live in Montana and expect not to see stuff like that around.

My office is in my home, so it doesn't really matter what's hanging in it. Currently there is just one mule deer shoulder mount, one antelope European mount and a couple of shed antlers on the bookcase. I've got 5 shoulder mounts at the taxidermist right now though, and at least one will be going in the office. I don't think I'd worry about having mounts hanging if I had a public office. I might not have them hanging in the lobby, but wouldn't worry about my personal office.

Big Fin, I think you would be the perfect CPA for me. Our schedules sound very similar. ;)
Are you accepting new clients? I could use a good CPA... :(

I have pictures of past kills on my white board but that's the extent of it. Most that work around me are hunters so it doesn't seem to bother anyone. The Chinese guys here at work thought IdahoBugler was taking pictures of all his critters while they were alive or tranquilized - we got a kick out of that!

Just pictures of dead animals in my office. I have never had any negative comments about the pictures even from folks from Defenders or Wilderness.

When I was a Police Chief in New England I had a couple whitetail mounts and pictures of dead antelope elk ducks and other critters. If you made it to my office you didn't get to call the shots!!!!:D;)

Nope, just a few photos.
The office is where we go to work and take care of business, don't need to be distracted by my other obsessions. Get the work done, go home, then do your hobbies.

They called my office the NRA petting zoo.

Personally, I don't want to do business with anyone who would be offended by my taxidermy work in my office.

That settles it. I have a nice 8pt I shot last year hanging in my garage. He is a beautiful deer that deserves better. He is going on the office wall tomorrow am.

In Buschy's office you will find hunting pics, family pics, and a couple sets mule deer antlers. More important are a cross above my computer and a copy of the bible next to it. My single greatest achievement has been giving my life to Christ and I am not ashamed to let people know. No doubt between the antlers, hunting pics, bible and cross, I have offended a few people as well, but don't really care. I work for a public school system and have been questioned about these things a few times by supervisor's and staff. They are all still up!

Last edited:
I'm up to 3 mule deer, 1 whitetail, 1 moose, 1 elk, 1 bear, 1 badger, and 1 pheasant in the office. I think I'm going to need a bigger office soon.;)

If only I had an office or anything similar. Don't think the Air Force would appreciate ducks, deer, etc. hanging in there maintenance bays .....................maybe someday. Until then the wife will have to put up with them in the house.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back