Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Mountain goat hide coat

I may just go with couch pillows over a coat or vest.

Maybe, a strong maybe for a pedestal. Maybe a two tier pedestal or something. To be honest, I really don't care if I get a goat mounted or not. I'd rather spend the money on a sheep mount :D or a bush flight.

I may just go with couch pillows over a coat or vest.

Maybe, a strong maybe for a pedestal. Maybe a two tier pedestal or something. To be honest, I really don't care if I get a goat mounted or not. I'd rather spend the money on a sheep mount :D or a bush flight.
White goes with everything. Jackets on the other hand....giphy (1).gif

I likr the idea of a shawl neck wool coat with the collar out of goat hair on hide. Use the Shearlng coat pattern...

This idea but less 1980's Centennial vibe

1677283230615.png

(For the Millenials)
Centennial was a mini series based on the book by James Michener

This is the only real application ive seen for pelts....

1677283213476.png

I don’t know who you would contact to have one made but I have at sheep show a couple years seen a guy that was wearing a mtn goat hide jacket.

Any other interesting ideas?

I think goat rugs are pretty cool, but take up too much wall spspace.
I was in the same way with a tahr. I had originally skinned it dorsal cut for a life-size mount but regretted doing that because I don't have room for one.
Rugs take up alot of wall space but fit nicely on the ceiling.
IMG_20220921_215516_329.jpg

I have a grizzly hide I’ve always wanted to make into a pair of angora-style chaps. Goat would be perfect. I thought I’d get A pair of very light chinks (short chaps) and glue the hide on and sew the edges. There is a very colorful and pleasant lifty at Discovey ski area who used To wear bear hide chaps when it got cold bumping chairs. Awesome.
A beaver vest was kind of a classic Andy Russell Canadian outfitter type of garment you see in old photos. Goat might be a bit much.

Back