Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Mountain goat hide coat

Bambistew

Would you make a coat out of a hide? I mentally broke, and agreed to go on a goat hunting next month. I don't have room or really a desire for a goat mount. I've always thought that a coat would be cool. Might make a grize hide I have into one as well or maybe mix/match one.

Any other interesting ideas?

I think goat rugs are pretty cool, but take up too much wall space.

Would you make a coat out of a hide? I mentally broke, and agreed to go on a goat hunting next month. I don't have room or really a desire for a goat mount. I've always thought that a coat would be cool. Might make a grize hide I have into one as well or maybe mix/match one.

Any other interesting ideas?

I think goat rugs are pretty cool, but take up too much wall space.
You would be lucky to get a poncho out of 1 hide, maybe a scarf.... :)

I know you said you don’t have room for another mount, but I’ve seen some goats mounted up like they were being packed out on an old pack board.

Might be something you could just lean up in a corner like you just set it there after getting home.

I like the pimp coat! Will take multiple goats to finish but you will never wear it anyways. I was in my taxi's shop about a month ago and he was working on a tabletop pedestal of a mt goat that looked awesome simular to this pic i found online. Didnt take up much space but looked great good luck and remember pimping aint easy!
14125521_1278659272145145_7418687891457754052_o.jpg

here is a picture of it. It was a once in a lifetime moose tag, but only a cow so i wanted to do something with it.
Who did that for you. I have some hides that I would like to make a jacket out of, but I can't find anyone to do it and I don't have the skills to do it myself.

Who did that for you. I have some hides that I would like to make a jacket out of, but I can't find anyone to do it and I don't have the skills to do it myself.
century leather products in Owatonna Minn. They make several different products. I was very happy with my jacket. Sadly i was over 40lb heavier then and now its too big but i still wear.

here is a picture of it. It was a once in a lifetime moose tag, but only a cow so i wanted to do something with it.
Thanks for posting this and the place you had it done. The next moose we take I actually have thought about doing a leather jacket just like this but I'd like to trim it with the mane hair.

century leather products in Owatonna Minn. They make several different products. I was very happy with my jacket. Sadly i was over 40lb heavier then and now its too big but i still wear.
I think I'd sacrifice my jacket to go down 40 lbs. Lately my jackets keeps shrinking. It's gotta be the jackets shrinking, right? :unsure:

I had the unused hide from my goat tanned so that someday I could have some couch pillows made. I might get two, one-sided pillows out of it.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back