Caribou Gear

Most Recent 4 Generation Hunt

trouthunterdj

Hello all,

My Grandfather, Dad and son just returned from our 4 generation hunt in Montana. We had a great hunt with memories we will enjoy and cherish. After a long drive, my son was tired on our first day of hunting.
HalloweenMontana12041.jpg

On Friday we hunted hard finally finding an old buck past his prime for my Dad. The buck was 28" wide that my Dad was tickled to shoot. It was a 300 yard shoot with a Rem 700 Mountain Rifle with a handloaded 139 gr. Hornady.

HalloweenMontana12068.jpg

HalloweenMontana12070.jpg

I hunted Saturday over a alfalfa field and caught a whitetail sneaking back into the hills. He should have been left another year but with blue tongue going through so often, I would rather shoot him than a mule deer. I shot him at 260 yards with my custom Rem 721 270 Win with a Benchmark barrel and a 140 Accubond.

HalloweenMontana12082.jpg

My Grandfather is 88 and has hunted with us almost every year since I was in high school decide he wnated to shoot his first deer this year. He has always been a bird hunter and usually shoots a turkey when we go out west. We bought him a whitetail doe tag with the hopes of finding him a nice doe. He took a 210 yard shot and shot a beautiful dry doe on his first shot. His exact words were "I don't know why you guys miss so often". His first deer was a "rush" and I hope it isn't his last!

HalloweenMontana12116.jpg

HalloweenMontana12121.jpg

Since I had to pull my son out of school and Mom is a teacher, we had to make it educational. We found an ant hill that usually holds some Indian trade beads. An awesome find again this year.

HalloweenMontana12103.jpg

IndianBeads002.jpg

It was a great trip and I feel blessed to be able to hunt with my Gramps, Dad, and son every year.

ddj

Awesome, right there.

Nice deer and good on Gramps.

Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks!

You've done well in MT lately.

Your son was sporting the correct hat! :D

Enjoyed the write up and pictures...sounds like a good hunt with family...can't beat those days in the field! Well done.

Awesome Trip!
Very rarely you get to experience trips like that one; they are to be cherished!!
Hope your family has many more.

That's a couple great bucks, and looks like a really memorable trip.

You've been doing really well in MT the last couple years, keep it up next year.

Loved the family photo with all 4 generations! Hope you have many more season like this one.

Awesome post, man. I really appreciate the multi-generational hunts and you are truly blessed to be on a 4 generation hunt like that. Pretty incredible. We had 3 generations on our hunts this year and it was pretty incredible. Congrats on all counts.

-Cody

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fingelfinger
Back