MossBack Antler Pack

browtine

Administrator
So I decided it was time to buy a pack specifically designed for sheds. I looked at the horn hunter pack as well as a couple others and decided to go with the MossBack Shed Freak Antler Pack. It was the lightest pack out of the packs I looked at.

The pack is VERY comfortable to wear. I really like the frame of this pack. Its designed very well.
The pack is priced Very reasonably. $119.00
The pack has two BIG storage compartments for spotting scope and tripod or anything else that you decided to put in there. It also has a compartment that I am told will hold an elk quarter. I used the side compartments for water, cameras, food ect.
My first trip with this pack was used to pack out a set of 6x6 elk sheds. I was surprised at how easy the sheds were to attach to the pack. (and how much room there is for more sheds)They were protected by a neoprene pad and attached by using a buckle system. Once attached, the sheds will NOT move around. Thats a HUGE bonus for those of you trying to walk through thick brush or on steep incline's. If you shed hunt, there is nothing better then a pack designed for it.

Attachments

• htpost1.jpg
    htpost1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 3,113
  • htpost2.jpg
    htpost2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 2,989
Goodness, I didn't realize shed hunting had enough dedicated folks that they needed specialized gear. Looks like that should work quite well.

PS- I guess you weren't in the Northern Region? ;)

The picture with Browtine is flat ground were they turned the camera to make it look like hunting country ;)

Actually that pack looks pretty cool.

A solid frame pack, a roll of black tape and a few bungy cords and you can pack as many antlers as you can carry with out any problems. ;) Actually just about any pack and a roll of black tape and you're good to go.

A pack made for packing sheds, whats next. One made specially for packing a rack and cape?

Jose, I think they make an elevated seat for the Polaris now, makes it much easier to scan for sheds.

I have Shedfreak pack. My buddie works for the company that makes them for Mossback so I decided to buy one. They seem to work very well. I just have issues finding enough sheds to fill it!!!

))--SLIVER-->

I also have the Shed Freak pack, seems like it will work awesome. My only problem is finding the sheds to fill it

))--SLIVER-->

Dinkshooter, that pack works for elk antlers too. Got all of those on two packs.

4-21-07.jpg

I can't freakin wait for the sheds to start hitting the ground. Wife is already tired of me hanging around the house.

Oak..........those look like high fence sheds to me......slacker:D I remember that pic last spring drooling with envy. Never had a elk haul like that.

My crewcab is tearing. Top female buckles. I have no idea how it happened. Actually sending it back today. Some cat named Seacat said no problem, have it fixed in no time.

Attachments

• DSC00176.JPG
    DSC00176.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 2,765
Let us know how long it takes to get it fixed. I'd like to see an "after" pic of the repair.

I've got the same crewcab pack, though this will be the first spring I'll have it while looking for sheds. Hopefully I'll find 1/3 of what you guys have been able to find. I'd be like a kid at Christmas! :D

I think Oaks full of crap...those sheds were loaded into one pack...MY pack...since I found them all.

If I recall correctly,our packs were one pound different in weight when we got home. And I wasn't the one crying, "Where's the truck?! Where's the truck? I can't go much farther...."

The only reason your pack weighed the same is because I let you pack some fo the antlers I found...I didnt want anyone to make fun of the ONE crusty elk horn you found when we got back to the truck.

Which looking back was dumb on my part...nobody hunts sheds until midnight.

Speaking of crusty, here's the pic I took of your favorite deer sheds you found with me this spring.

Buzz2_294772.jpg

Back