Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

More Wyoming Elk Vids..

IdahoBugler

Here is a little video of the first day we hunted in Wyoming. As you can see someone forgot the TP. The bull was a 300 class bull with 20 cows. He did like to sing but didn't want to leave his cows for one. Oscar did make a sneak but the closest he got was 125 yards or so.

another excellent video guys. now guess I'll have to try elk hunting.

Sleeveless shirts????

Now I know why Oscar never wears shirts with sleeves! I used to think it was because he liked to show off his "guns" but now I know it is purely for hygenic purposes..... FYI, Costco has TP in bulk dude.

I would've stabbed that bull with a sliver fer sure if given the chance. Looks like it was a fun time!

Here is a clip of us at camp just talking about the day. Show a little about our camp setup. No animals here so skip if you are expecting some. :)

This next clip is one of a bull that was coming hard to the calls. At 10 yards he caught Oscar drawing and he jumped a little. The next bull was one I passed the second day of rifle season. The other bulls were called in close during the rifle season again.

This next clip is when we found Oscars bull. A tough track job but we got it done. The next elk where from the next morning when we were coming in to pack out Oscars bull. They walked within 10 yards of his bull and came within 10 yards of us. The crazy thing is Buzz left us at the trailhead and said he was going to look for a cow elk somewhere else. It would of been pretty sweet to dump two elk within a few yards of each other. The last bull was pretty crazy. I had just got done with a calling season when I thought I heard some cow calls. They got closer and closer then this bull stepped out. He was looking for love in all the wrong places.

IB, technical question for you. what kind of camera are you using? excellent videos you take with whatever it is. FYI, know what the thumb and pinky finger means. have an aunt and uncle that live in hawaii.

OK Oscars been waiting a long time for me to post this one. I call this little guy into 3 yards and then we do a little American Idol number for him. crazy thing is he takes off and then we call him back to 15 yards after the whole show.

Later we talk to a guy on the road and he asks us if we had seen any elk so far this trip. Oscar and I giggle and then say it's been real slow for us also.

IB,

Nice video's.

I think I would have missed those cows though...pretty long shot the way it looked.

If I would have been there, that calf would have been dead.

IB,

Nice video's.

I think I would have missed those cows though...pretty long shot the way it looked.

If I would have been there, that calf would have been dead.
I was thinking that yearling cow that came out would of been a nice eating one to have also. That would of been an easy pack out from there also. :)

Dun Dun Dun... Another one Bites the dust !!!! hump hump

You know the cool thing is ... well... One of them is, When Bryce called that bull in (The one on the Skyline Looking for Lovin') We saw him come across the way, right up behind us and he Stopped and Bugled in the Break of the trees in the perfect spot. Sometimes, it just works out, sometimes it doesn't, that one was perrrrrrfect !!

On the way to the Beat boxin Spike, We stopped about 1/2 mile in off the road and and Bryce called and.... Within 5 seconds we were busted by some cows and another spike that came every bit as close as that beat box spike did. We just weren't ready to film. Like I said, sometimes it just works, sometimes it doesn't.

IDB, can you post the other Vids we had in the other post so they are all in the same thread ?

I'd love to see hunting "MOOSIE STYLE" in the truck :p

IB,

Have you watched the video Matt sent?

Thats my favorite...:)
I would have to agree that would be my favorite also.

Here is the last video... It was pretty awesome filming Oscar put the hurt on a couple of doe antelope.

IB, technical question for you. what kind of camera are you using? excellent videos you take with whatever it is. FYI, know what the thumb and pinky finger means. have an aunt and uncle that live in hawaii.
Both Oscar and I have cheap 'O' $300 camera's. I think Oscars is a Canon something or other and mine is a Panasonic GS-15. Cool to see some people know what the shaka sign means. :)

Nice pronghorn video! They may not be as 'glamorous' as elk, but I just love hunting those things...

YAh, I got under $300 in my cam-corder. It's a Cannon 700 XR? or something like that ? I abuse the heck out of it and usually end up with a new one every year. They change models about 2 times a year too....

IDB, You should upload the LOVE MAKING of the Pronghorn. I couldn't believe how active the Bucks were.... They would chase the does and when the doe's stopped...hump hump about for 15 seconds, then rested, then back up for another 10 seconds.. then rested... It would go on for ever. I mean really.... once for 10 seconds is Pleanty ;)

1-pointer, The doe hunting was OK. I had 2 tags. Wacked a couple within 20 seconds of each other, but pretty sure I wouldn't do it again. They stunk to high heaven. Although, I do have ot say I like the meat, which I would have bet I wouldn't have.

Another funny thing was this group of guys that hadn't seen ANYTHING. We talked to them as they said there is no way to get the big ones because they were al lin spots you couldn't get to. They kept on about horses, this, that, the other.... We were like, Uhhh would you mind telling us where these locations are at ? They started spouting out places, and after every one we said, YAh, we were jsut there earlier today, yep, there yesterday, Yah, there twice 2 days ago. I'm sure they didn't believe us, but Maybe thats why they hadn't seen anything ?

Another funny one was we stopped on the road to talk to a guy on a 4-wheeler. As we were talking a bull came out of the woods next to us. Was a good trip, And the video brings back ALOT of memories........ Thanx !!

Adding the Other clips :

Here is "Pedro" the bull that we saw with only a few days left of Archery. A dang nice bull for sure. The next bull was one we found rubbing a tree as we were sneaking into Pedro. The last 3 bulls were ones that came in as we were calling to Pedro.

Hunting Moosie Style....

Here's a few more clips.

Nice vids guys. Definitely going to have to make the video camera investment in the near future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back