More opinions

I don’t want any innocent person to be wrongly convicted, arrested, and certainly don’t want to see them executed. But look at the Christa Pike case. No doubt she’s guilty. She bragged about the killing and took a piece of the victim’s skull to school with her the next day. Been on death row 30 years! She should have been executed about 29 years ago.
Sounds like the State really pulled off a complete cluster-shag on that deal.
 
Not sure how we as society became so soft on crime. While I”ll agree crimes committed prior to DNA may need further investigation for execution. People need to be prosecuted to protect the general public. Too many instances where perpetrators get released and commit further heinous crimes. Publicly show an execution? No value. To read victims and their families accounts of these crimes and what they expect is more proof than my opinion on this matter. Walk a mile in another’s shoes before judgement.
 
Drown him in bacon grease. Aloha snackbar. Televised or not, don't care. Im all for public hangings and making them a bit quicker after the verdict is handed down.
 
Not sure how we as society became so soft on crime. While I”ll agree crimes committed prior to DNA may need further investigation for execution. People need to be prosecuted to protect the general public. Too many instances where perpetrators get released and commit further heinous crimes. Publicly show an execution? No value. To read victims and their families accounts of these crimes and what they expect is more proof than my opinion on this matter. Walk a mile in another’s shoes before judgement.
Don't mistake soft on crime for due process. When it comes to executing someone for a crime, you don't get another chance to get it right.
 
What penalty should a shit bag defense attorney get for defending a child rapist or a murderer.
Really? So you are entitled to a trial with a jury your peers, but not legal representation?

The prosecutor is charged with proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Like it or not, defense attorneys play a valuable role in ensuring that burden is met. Yes, they are the most heinous of crimes. But there is this thing called civil rights. It’s kind of important…
 
George Carlin literally had a bit that they’d eventually perform public executions to distract the masses from thinking about how bad they’re being f*cked.

We have arrived at that prophesy.

I am pro death penalty when justified generally, but my opinion that televising such a thing is abhorrent is unrelated to my death penalty perspective. Uncle Screwtape wins. The Devil plies his trade.
 
Back to the intended topic. I think it’s gross to think a person should breath after what this individual clearly did. It’s more than clear they are the perpetrator. The fact that people are defending their further existence is baffling.

This topic has nothing to do with any other cases of execution. Period.
 
Really? So being convicted of a crime then released is due process? Laffin…
Yes. If the convicted person is cleared of the crime via new evidence, pay their debt to society, serve their sentence, etc. Not only yes, but hell yes, 100%.

Last time I checked, that's how the system works.

Maybe try understanding basic law, the constitution and civil rights would be a great place for you to start.

Most people have exposure to this in, or about, 6th grade civics class.
 
Yes. If the convicted person is cleared of the crime via new evidence, pay their debt to society, serve their sentence, etc. Not only yes, but hell yes, 100%.

Last time I checked, that's how the system works.

Maybe try understanding basic law, the constitution and civil rights would be a great place for you to start.
I understand law. You missed the point. No one is paying their debt.

True point. I know of a friend, 4 DUIs, 5 if you count his boating DUI, suspended license on 2 occasions, busted driving from a liquor store, under the influence, suspended sentences twice, now third time. Is this due process? Overcrowding of jails? Leniency by judges?

I don’t know, but when he kills somebody drinking and driving who’s responsible? That’s all I am saying. Soft on crime, these offenders need to be held accountable. I guess I am in the minority these days.

Carry on with defending their further existence criminals and not protecting the innocent.
 
I understand law. You missed the point. No one is paying their debt.

True point. I know of a friend, 4 DUIs, 5 if you count his boating DUI, suspended license on 2 occasions, busted driving from a liquor store, under the influence, suspended sentences twice, now third time. Is this due process? Overcrowding of jails? Leniency by judges?

I don’t know, but when he kills somebody drinking and driving who’s responsible? That’s all I am saying. Soft on crime, these offenders need to be held accountable. I guess I am in the minority these days.

Carry on with defending their further existence criminals and not protecting the innocent.
You do realize the United States has more people in prison than any other country in the world, correct? (Opportune time to break out that giant "The U.S. in number 1 foam hand")

Despite having only about 4% of the world's population, the U.S. accounts for nearly 25% of the global prison population. The country also has one of the highest incarceration rates, approximately 541 inmates per 100,000 people, and a significant number of inmates are held in privately operated facilities.


1.8 million in prison doesn't sound "soft on crime to me"...but hey, whatever you want to believe.

No, I don't think you do understand the law. When someone is convicted, pays their fines (debt to society), serves their sentence (also their debt to society), or has their case over-turned via new trial and evidence...they are relieved of their crimes.

That is not "soft on crime" that is exactly how the system is supposed to work.
 
Last edited:
I do actually.. you are conflating/deflecting what I said. I never said people that served their “time” should be given a chance. Your #s and articles are not accurate per population.

El Salvador ranks #1 in the world for its incarceration rate (prisoners per 100,000 residents), with an estimated rate of 1,659 per 100,000 people according to the World Prison Brief.

However, the answer depends on whether you measure by rate per capita or total number of prisoners:

    • Highest Incarceration Rate (Per Capita): El Salvador is #1 (~1,659 per 100,000), followed by Cuba (~794 per 100,000), Rwanda, Turkmenistan, and the United States (around 542 per 100,000).
      1791692188123.pngStatista
 
I do actually.. you are conflating/deflecting what I said. I never said people that served their “time” should be given a chance. Your #s and articles are not accurate per population.

El Salvador ranks #1 in the world for its incarceration rate (prisoners per 100,000 residents), with an estimated rate of 1,659 per 100,000 people according to the World Prison Brief.

However, the answer depends on whether you measure by rate per capita or total number of prisoners:

    • Highest Incarceration Rate (Per Capita): El Salvador is #1 (~1,659 per 100,000), followed by Cuba (~794 per 100,000), Rwanda, Turkmenistan, and the United States (around 542 per 100,000).
      View attachment 419113Statista
The U.S. has more people in prison than any other country in the world, 1.8 million...in fact, about 25% of the worlds incarcerated people.

Twist the facts all you want.

That doesn't equate to a country that is "soft on crime" as you wrongly suggest.
 
The U.S. has more people in prison than any other country in the world, 1.8 million...in fact, about 25% of the worlds incarcerated people.

Twist the facts all you want.

That doesn't equate to a country that is "soft on crime" as you wrongly suggest.
I concede. Buzz is always right. Enjoy retirement. I have to get up to go fishing.

~cheers

1791692787512.jpeg
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
120,182
Messages
2,252,618
Members
39,107
Latest member
wkshaw
Back
Top