More opinions

Alright, thanks I guess. For the record though, I remain unconvinced that it is acceptable 'collateral damage.'
If rotting in a prison cell is the right punishment is that any better than death penalty for wrongfully accused? I'm not chosing a side on right or wrong on the death penalty. Just something I thought about.
 
I guess if it was handled over 10 years ago when there was a different President some of you wouldn't have anything to complain about.
You would condone anything the orange clown does...shine those boots with your tongue.

And no, 10 years ago the President had advisors that didn't host fox news for their qualifications and carry out their bullshit ideas. You know, like public executions.

Remember what it was like to be Presidential?

 
If rotting in a prison cell is the right punishment is that any better than death penalty for wrongfully accused? I'm not chosing a side on right or wrong on the death penalty. Just something I thought about.

Considering your point, I think it is better as one still has a chance for hope. Hope that a witness recants testimony, hope that someone else confesses on their death bed, hope for technological advances that better interpret evidence. But once they're dead, they don't get to undo that.
 
If rotting in a prison cell is the right punishment is that any better than death penalty for wrongfully accused? I'm not chosing a side on right or wrong on the death penalty. Just something I thought about.
I agree with that though, I’d say, there’s always the chance the truth comes out and they’re set free. Once they’re dead, it’s a little late.

I understand arguments for both sides of this debate. I don’t think, however, there’s a good argument for a public execution.
 
With the advances in DNA, data bases, etc. its more and more common when its discovered the wrong person was convicted.

Conversely, many cases are solved via the same advancements.

But, before anyone is executed via the finality of that step, there should be zero and I mean zero doubt.

I just hope those that have made the decision that executed or convicted an innocent person live in the same torment they put innocent people through.
 
You don’t have to rape them but there’s but plenty of people already in jail who’d like the opportunity.

Well he sure is active! I’m all for the death penalty and I’d actually expand it to rapists and child sexual abusers. Death penalty is biblical and I think it would actually be a deterrent if carried out swiftly.
 
Can we all agree regardless how you feel this guy did it right?

View attachment 419078
Just for the joy of being devil's advocate: the person shot and killed never went to trail so therefore was he not only not convicted beyond a reasonable doubt, he wasn't convicted at all.

That should really rub many wrong who have responded in this thread.

Maybe this falls under acceptable collateral damage?
 
Just for the joy of being devil's advocate: the person shot and killed never went to trail so therefore was he not only not convicted beyond a reasonable doubt, he wasn't convicted at all.

That should really rub many wrong who have responded in this thread.

Maybe this falls under acceptable collateral damage?
Big difference between a state sanctioned death sentence and an extrajudicial killing.
 
Big difference between a state sanctioned death sentence and an extrajudicial killing.
I agree actually.

The suspected rapist should have received a fair trial and if convicted, 3 expedited appeals. Barring the conviction being overturned, executed.
(I'm aware convicted rapists aren't executed in the US).
 
Just for the joy of being devil's advocate: the person shot and killed never went to trail so therefore was he not only not convicted beyond a reasonable doubt, he wasn't convicted at all.

That should really rub many wrong who have responded in this thread.

Maybe this falls under acceptable collateral damage?
So what sentence should a prosecutor get for wrongly convicting someone for murder who is then executed?

How about those that actually did the executing?
 
I agree actually.

The suspected rapist should have received a fair trial and if convicted, 3 expedited appeals. Barring the conviction being overturned, executed.
(I'm aware convicted rapists aren't executed in the US).
Define "fair trial and 3 expediated appeals". Many of those accused of rape are found innocent years, even decades later.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
120,179
Messages
2,252,485
Members
39,107
Latest member
wkshaw
Back
Top