Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

More NV chukar pics

T Bone

The morning was foggy and misty with a steady breeze. Perfect scenting conditions, problem was I only had 3 hours to hunt......Bonnie my GSP picks up the birds from WAY across the draw. I let her have her head and I follow, hoping she is right. She defineatly is getting closer to birds..... A little further and
04_Chukars.sized.jpg

I swing around and come in from the side. The hill expodes with a big covey of 20+ birds. bang, bang, bang 3 birds down!

Bonnie retrieves the 1st, I send her back out for the 2nd, she grabs in and brings it back. I send her out for the 3rd and she hits the skids hard! Is she dead pointing?????? Can't be she is locked up tight. I snap a picture
04_Chukars01.sized.jpg
check the gun to make sure I reloaded, and swing around. I slow down expecting a bird to jump. Nothing. I walk a couple more steps and 4 birds come out right at my feet. Bang, bang, bang. three more birds make six, makes limit!

With 4 birds still on the ground, 2 are easy to for Bonnie to find, but its 20 minutes until the last one is found and brought to hand.

04_Chukars0001.sized.jpg

This may be the last hunt for my dog Bonnie this year depending if the breeding took.

Here she is 10 days ago sun tanning. Does she look pregnant to you? I take her into the vet this week to verify if she's pregnant.
04_Chukars0002.sized.jpg

GReat looking dog on a great day out in the sage. I sure miss chasing those lttle bastards around. She doesn't look too pregnant!!

Thanks Leet, I think she's the best dog in the world, but I'm biased...... Did you used to live in an area with lots of birds?

Lot's of reasons why I like chukar hunting the best out of all bird hunting. Public land, physical nature of it, and its in the mountains. It's food for the soul. Although there is something very cool about a cackling rooster pheasant coming up close!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back