Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Moosie's surgery.....

Moosie

Grand poopa
OK.. I'm, not going in for one...... And it's not a SEX change operation :eek:

......But I decided to play Some Church BALL at 6AM this morning for some Dam reason now I'm packing a Baseball swollen Ankle around..... Hurts like "heck" (It was church ball). Anyways, Thats what this old guy gets for playing with the BOYZ. One guy made fun of me with my NEW Shoe fetish why I don't have a Good pair of Basket ball shoes. I was in there with a new pair of Running shoes. I'm guessing next time I'll have a Couple pair :eek:

I was jsut wondering who else Plays Sports...... after 30 :D I know IDBugler plays Softball (Wuss ;) ) but just wondering what every one plays ? Golf ? Racketball ? Basket ball ? Knitting ? Or does everyone jsut post at HuntTalk in their free time :p

Heheheheee, I was expecting to read something about Mrs Moosie demanding a neutering.

I still play whatever I can when I get the chance. Played flag football on turkey day for 3 hours. I was out of commission for 5 days after due to soreness....I felt like I found all kinds of new muscles to pull.

I first realized I was getting old when my injuries didn't heal up overnight.

Moosie, treatment for a bum ankle: rest, ice, elevate, lots of personal massages from teh Mrs. Science has proven that the nerves are all connected, so massages on other parts of the body can also be beneficial for the ankle.

Softball, basketball, volleyball...coach all three (Jr High) so have to play enough to not make a total azzzzz out of myself in front of the kids. Starting up on a flag football team in Jan...haven't played fball since high school- should be fun. The wife plays indoor soccer as well...but soccer isn't a sport is it?

Court or hi-top bball shoes for racquetball...chit kickers for pool & cougar evasion.

...running shoes are the worst for burst sports Moosie.

Does pocket pool count as a sport......or does a sport technically have to involve multiple persons? Whatever the case me be, pocket pool rocks! :D

It looks like the MO-homeys put the smack down on ya did they Oscar! Did you remember to lace up them pearly white shoes before you started running around?

I'm 34 and have been playing hockey for the last 5-6 years. Just something I always wanted to do and I have a blast. I'm always sore the first couple weeks of the season, but after that, I'm fine.

notta, just hiking and bike riding but i have clip on shoes for that.

I'm not 30 yet but I play hockey once or twice a week year round and plan to for quite a while. One team I play on has guy over 50 on it!

I used to play basketball once a week, but my achilles and knees were sore for 2 days afterward, I even wore ankle braces and sometimes those neoprene knee braces, but to no avail, I still was gimped up---so now I'm reduced to elbow bending and pocket pool!!!!(good one wilecoyote76).....chris

One guy made fun of me with my NEW Shoe fetish why I don't have a Good pair of Basket ball shoes.

does he think you have a Howard Hughes fascination or a swooning obsecion with Leonardo DeCaprio ? :D

Movie....."Aviator". white shoe fetish.

sports?
im pretty good at Quarters.

Moose-Man, Softball down here in the Southeast will get you a real good job! Softball is a passion that has to be seen to get an idea of how fast one can get hurt by some of the guys down here, they are Monsters. I can't say I was ever great at it, but I got some bad knees from it. Used to play Racketball with some NFL players, I looked like I had been shot in the back with the world's largest paintball gun when we we though! John (Sitting in a Chair Reading a Book)

The only sport i participate in other than hunting and fishin is Channel Surfing, very few injuries occur in this sport.

Tournament Softball until last year, flag football. I had to stop playing softball because artheritis got the best of me and the doc said I am going to have to have a knee replacement. So I can slow down alittle and keep hunting or be stuck at home.

Moosie, you have to learn how to throw elbow`s when coming down with the "ROCK"... clear them out! put fear into them! then you won`t fall on a foot or twist your ankle.. that loud POP hurts real bad... Hope you feel better though .. Ankle injury`s are a bitch...
Just wondering did you scream..Mother F%^Y% in church?

Softball, hoops, and occassionally football or soccer. I grew up playing baseball and volleyball....but I dont play anymore.

Played softball till about 3 years ago and quit playing basketball 6 years ago. I figured that I was getting old enough that if I got hurt it would put me out of work for to long and it wasn't worth the risk. Still get asked to play every year and it is tempting but just say no.

Like the moose-knuckle stated, I like to play softball. I play basketball, golf, soccer, football and whatever is out there to play. I like all sports. It doesn't surprise me that you hurt your ankle. You have problems walking on flat ground. :) Remember Alaska!!!!!!!

Am I the only one here that skis? Bogus is open, but just barely because there is not much snow. Looking at the webcam though it looks like they are getting a few inches of fresh snow as i type this. I am going to play hooky from work tomorrow and hit the slopes on a solo mission, but I usually go with the studly young skier pictured below:

zachyskiing2.jpg

Zach is my son and he is 3 1/2 years old now. This picture was taken yesterday. He skied last year, and he has been 3 times so far this year. All things considered, he skis fairly well. As for me, now that is a different story altogether....

All looks good. Still a Bit Swollen and bruising but I'll be up and running in no time :

IMG_2081.jpg

IMG_2079.jpg

I have a Buddy thats a VET so I got some X-rays from him to make sure there was no CRAZY damage to it. Couple weeks and I'll be balling again..... or not ;)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rcb2000
Back