Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

moosie, that mulchatna herd info

Thanx for the Phone call today, And thanx for the link !!! It's a good read but still makes ya wonder eh ? Sounds like they should up the Wolf tags too
tongue.gif
I might need to bring an extra box just in case
wink.gif

The author sure baged a dandy bull I think !!

The author really is a good down to earth guy. He lives in Valdez. Bob works hard for his critters.

As for predators, I think they should make wolves a small game animal. They never will but hey, I can dream. Just remember $30 isnt that much for a tag
biggrin.gif

Well.. Pop's and Me have one each...

I hear the way to hunt them Is shoot up the Entire heard, Walk over and pick out the Biggest one to tag and take home. (Or something like that
wink.gif
)

I havent heard that way of killing them, but...uh... buy as many tags as you can.
wink.gif

Hey lilbiggun, why do they require you to pack the meat out "bone-in" in some units?

Doesn't that guy write for some of the major hunting mags? I'm sure I've seen his name before.

Oak

Oak.. If I can Jump in.. Or do I need to preface this with a name calling like in the Si
wink.gif

I think the reason is so they know jsut how Many critters were killed. I think Locals can shoot 4 or so (LBG HELP OUT on the exact #'s). But when The plane lands and there is severa lplanes and A group of guys and Fish and Game want to check the meat.. they count 4 legs and 1 head per animal. When there isn't the Right amount someones in trouble !!!!!

MAkes it alot easier then putting 13 Deboned 'Bou back together !!!

Regardless.. Still sucks donkey dung for me
frown.gif
But I'll comply
biggrin.gif

Ah, that makes sense. But what a pain...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>do I need to preface this with a name calling like in the Si <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If you feel that I'm being a jerk, just for the sake of being a jerk, then by all means, call me names.
wink.gif

Oak

Damn ole moosie is learning something. Hes right on the reason for bone in. It does suck but it isnt really that bad. Luckily they arent that big. As for #'s, it varies with each GMU. Like in 18 (I beliieve) north of the yukon is 1/day for res and non-res. Some areas is 5 for res, some 4..etc

Bob Robb does right for some mags. He's a down to earth guy just like us. Plus he actually knows how to hunt instead of other writers that only do guided hunts.

I see there's a picture of Bill Woodin from 4wAir in the above link. He has a pretty good handle on the mulchatna herd.

Colorado Oak -

The main reason for requiring "bone in" is wastage. Hunters are to salvage ALL edible parts of a critter. With caribou when you can take more then one it makes it hard when deboned for F&G not only to count critters as mentioned but to check if the hunter salvaged all the edible parts. Alaska is real big on the wastage issue.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>You don't have to take out the Ribs though.. right ? JSut the Meat off of them ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right!!!

MAN... I was watching a promo Video for some Outfitter (High Dollar one) in AK and he took some Fuggin HUGE BULLS !!! He did take some Nice 'bou but some were jsut a.... Well.. Puney might be ther word ?!?! HELL, If I was on my own (Which we will be), And shoot a dink of a 'bou, I can Live with thet. But if I paid Some Dumb A$$ Outfitter bunches of Cash and He let me or told me to pull a trigger on a dink Bull like one I saw... I'd need to kick his Butt when I realised it !!!

And don't get me wrong, It wasn't a meat hunt, It was a trophy hunt. Otherwise I'd of not made fun of it...

Anyways, Hope I score on a Nice 'Bou as well.. They sure look Cool !! At least I hope to get some Good footage ta BOOT !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back