Moose Valley Outfitters

MNHunter

Any of you guys ever hunt with MVO? I've read nothing but good things about them so far. I'm trying to decide between a bou hunt with these guys or a hunt for something or another in AK.

One other thing....Air Canada. Good or bad? Looks like they are the airline for hunters going with MVO.

Seems like a good options for Texans. They tend to like those kind of hunts.

All packages include...

Accommodations for seven nights and six days of hunting, all meals while at camp, day lunches while hunting, ground transportation to and from airport, bush plane flights to and from camp, flying out of meat and trophies, one guide per hunter, transportation of meat to the butcher, animal cleaning and quartering in field, caping, cotton game bags (pillow case style ), salt, boats and motors, and unlimited gas.

My vote would be for the DIY caribou hunt in Alaska. Pretty easy to put together, and lots of fun.

Prices are pretty much inline with about what you see things on Newfie for. I'd really like to hunt a woodland 'bou...

My vote would be for the DIY caribou hunt in Alaska. Pretty easy to put together, and lots of fun.
Show me the way! :D

Let me know what year. I would be up for a return trip. Kind of a kick in the pants if you get the herd just right....

I was going to say count me in until jose chimed in... ;) I did pick up some sweet new adidas that i figure will be great for caribou hunting.

I checked them out but they jacked up the price of the bou hunt because the tags are being taken away from the government. I'm going up this year with Newfoundland Wilderness Outfitters. All my research showed them to be pretty good but I didn't check out any of their references when they hiked the price of the tag a week after talking to them the first time.

If you want a woodland bou you better go quick. They are in decline up there and nobody knows why. Many outfitter tags have already been reduced and in a year or so they may have a ban on hunting them.

I was going to say count me in until jose chimed in... ;) I did pick up some sweet new adidas that i figure will be great for caribou hunting.

I am rockin' some old school Nikes right now... You can't hold a candle to your Tio Jose.....

Why don't you make yourself useful while you are up there and learn how to fish the Kenai? I would be all about hanging out with you and drinking your beer if you could do that.... :D

I checked them out but they jacked up the price of the bou hunt because the tags are being taken away from the government. I'm going up this year with Newfoundland Wilderness Outfitters. All my research showed them to be pretty good but I didn't check out any of their references when they hiked the price of the tag a week after talking to them the first time.

If you want a woodland bou you better go quick. They are in decline up there and nobody knows why. Many outfitter tags have already been reduced and in a year or so they may have a ban on hunting them.

Thanks for the reply. I though the bou only price was a little steep but I think I would do the moose/bou combo, focusing on bou but being ready for a bullwinkle. I'll check out NWO.

I really want a Woodland bou so if I go to AK, it won't be a bou hunt. More likely a blacktail or goat hunt,

MN Hunter:

I don't know anything about MVO, but I do know that you don't live in Margaritaville.

I grew up in northern MN, Big Falls to be exact, and I can tell you, there ain't no Margaritaville in MN. You might fool some other guys, but I ain't buying it.

There are many low quality locations. None of them are sandy beaches where you can "blow out a flip flop and step on a pop top." Maybe tear the strap on your snowshoes and do a face plant in the cattails, but that's about it.

Ain't no tourists all covered with oil.....unless they are covered with fish oil from Grandma's homemade lutefisk.

Might be some Redhorse suckers frozen in the beaver pond, but you won't "smell those shrimp they're beginning to boil."

There are no beauties, no Mexican cuties, mostly.....ugh... well, lets not go there.

If there is "booze in the blender," I bet it's more like peppermint schnaaps or Mad Dog 20/20, not some exotic warm weather drink. And when it does render, it will be "a frozen concoction that helps you hang on," but I ain't sure what it will help you hang on to.

And some people claim that there's a woman to blame, but I know.........it's just too friggin' cold to be Margaritaville.

Hope you are having fun in that cold weather version of Margaritaville. Brother told me he was at -25F night before last. And forecast said the bad stuff was yet to arrive. :eek:

Go Vikes! :eek:

Big Fin,
I can dream, can't I? Truth be told, I love MN but I do look forward to my annual trip to Margaritaville, er Mexico.

Was a nasty one last night. Had to drive across the Cities to play hockey. Freezing rain covered with snow.

Big Fin,
I can dream, can't I? Truth be told, I love MN ......

If you didn't have a warm place to dream about, it would be hard to make it through those winters. Hope you get to go to Ol' Mexico, about the middle of Februrary, when your buddies are freezin' their nads off.

I love MN also. Go back often. Family still owns property on a lake near Marcell and along the Big Fork River. Only problem is, when I go back, I spend all my time running back and forth visiting relatives, and don't get enough time to fish walleyes.

Do miss the ruffed grouse hunting and the beaver trapping. Try to make up for it with elk and antelope hunting here in MT.

Just don't think I am tough enough to handle those long cold winters.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back