Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Moose Meat Reality...

Icb12 can ship your meat to you for cheap and you will not even have to cook it when it gets there....

Icb12 can ship your meat to you for cheap and you will not even have to cook it when it gets there....

Holy shit!!

This thread was a success if for no other reason than the fact that it brought Ernesto back from the dead.

Welcome back to alternate reality dude.

We need to drink some beer and talk about tags maybe.

Friend request sent :D

How the hell did I miss this thread :confused:

I was thinking about sending one too, but I'd hate to completely ruin my image of Jose...judging from the profile photo, he just doesn't look like the jackass I enjoy believing he his on here...

First one is a Harlequin...second are oldsquaws, and the last one (my favorite) is a bufflehead.

ICB12, You ARE the Idiot here. I was in a trial today and only had a moment to check in. I was replying from the phone so couldn't go back to see what yer initials were. Believe it or not I don't remember your initials, I really haven't cared that much to me, you are the Guy from AK that knows how to pour water in the glass but no clue how to drink it.

Glad my mornnig post made you'r day. I was gonig for the top 10 posts of all time.

I honestly hope yer not as Dumb as you act on the Net. I hope you respond to look like a clueless Ninny but are just messing with us.

Like Greenhorn said, I don't think we are Fighting as much as pointing out why you are clueless.

Did you repeat what I told you too up above ? The Sofa King one ?!?!? ? Did you ever get the meat joke ? One thing I would like to know though...."Party of 2" ?!?!? Seriously, explain it to me.

Aw C'mon guys, you're making me sad.

Attachments

• baby-pig-rain-boots.jpg
    baby-pig-rain-boots.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 240
Awww Moose-man, I know what's really behind this is you are disappointed that the missus isn't presenting herself well enough for you to take clear, steady pics for that special 2011 "racks" calendar. Stay composed man...and be patient for those clear shots! ;)

hah,, and here I thought this was just winding down.

Tell you what Moosie. If you REALLY think I'm "so fawking retarded" (yah, I got the joke... years ago), then go ahead; rant and rave. I'll continue to read and laugh.

I think my curiosity has been mostly satiated and not much else will come of this thread. Buzz gave some insight, Dinkshooter gave some insight, elk_hunter, even Greenhorn a wee bit, heck even YOU contributed some tid bits on the idea of leaving the meat behind.
Believe what you want; but coming from a classic meat hunter background, coming home with a rack and little to no meat is a thought process foreign to me and probably others. I cannot even imagine the belting I would have gotten if I ever came home with a head and no meat. My season is over when the freezers are full. However as I've gotten older and experienced a more broad range of hunting opportunities; I am more able to see the other side of things. Going alllll the way back to the OP, someone killing a moose for not even a quarter of the meat and the rack still rubs me the wrong way. I could never do that, not as a resident or as a non resident of any state. BUT.. I can kinda sorta see where people are coming from now; whether I agree with it or not.

I've had a blast screwing with you and Greenhorn and to a degree Buzz. It's been incredibly entertaining so far; watching someone get so twisted over the internet. I don't think I've been called stupid that many times in one day ever. :D

That said.. carry on. Tell me just how stupid I am. Let the hilarity ensue.

Oh! Party of 2 was just me fat-fingering the keyboard. Don't rack your head on that too much.

I left my whole caribou up there this year. Of course I helped my brother cut it up and he kept it for his family. Before I got out of town I had 2 ladies working in the gas station try to guilt me into leaving it for them and their families. They said that they have been having to purchase reindeer meat for their families. I started to feel bad but my bro says lets go we'll eat all of it.

Going alllll the way back to the OP, someone killing a moose for not even a quarter of the meat and the rack still rubs me the wrong way.

2Rocky, that is what you need to pay attention to...most AK residents have a huge sense of entitlement and it wont be long and you'll be needing to go with a guide to hunt moose. The only difference then will be that it will cost you a pile of money, and the guide will make the arrangements for you to leave the moose meat...

I've had a blast screwing with you and Greenhorn and to a degree Buzz. It's been incredibly entertaining so far; watching someone get so twisted over the internet. I don't think I've been called stupid that many times in one day ever. :D

That said.. carry on. Tell me just how stupid I am. Let the hilarity ensue.

You’d have better luck streaking across a football field at halftime, that way you could "screw with" more/better.

I grew up with cattle but can count on one hand how much beef I’ve bought in the last 2 decades. Good beef is tough to top and more economical than acquiring game. My kids and I live on game. It’s good stuff and a bonus to a great outdoor hobby. But meat hunting -- yeah right.

Frustration is what’s behind the guise of your superior ethics. I’ve been surrounded by bullshit-spewing hunters longer than you’ve been potty-trained and I can recognize your holier-than-thou jibberish faster than you can type wanton waste. I’d would have loved to have been there, in person, when you were contemplating killing a spike elk amongst a herd of cows, a cliff-hanging rat-sized mountain goat, or on caribou safari – just to see how it all went down and the resulting yield. Just sayin’ ..

2Rocky, that is what you need to pay attention to...most AK residents have a huge sense of entitlement and it wont be long and you'll be needing to go with a guide to hunt moose. The only difference then will be that it will cost you a pile of money, and the guide will make the arrangements for you to leave the moose meat...
What's here is yours as much as it is mine. AND you can do with it what you please.. whether I like it or not.
Time will tell if you are right about guided moose though. Hopefully you're wrong.

You’d have better luck streaking across a football field at halftime, that way you could "screw with" more/better.

It's cold enough I wouldn't be screwing anything if I did that, my meat would freeze.

The one thing that I get from this thread is this...if you ever want to hunt moose, caribou, blackbears, etc. without a guide, I'd do it sooner rather than later. I had the chance to hunt goats without a guide many years ago, but figured it was something I would "always be able to do"...WRONG.

Many Alaska Residents have a selfish mentality, and thats really what this whole thread is about when you cut through all the BS. The exact reason why NR's are largely forced to hire a guide for grizzlies, goats, and sheep.

The NR's are unprepared, lousy hunters who waste game meat, and dont know what they're doing.

I wouldnt be surprised at all that within 10 years you cant hunt moose in AK without a guide. I'm going to make sure I take advantage while its still available without being forced to hire a "guide" who I'd be about 100% certain of hasnt hunted as much, or shot as much game as I have.

Its a joke that NR's cant hunt sheep, goats, and griz without a guide...absolutely selfish and ridiculous.

BINGO!!!!!!

10 years down the road, all you have left of a hunt is the memories and hopefully a head and horns on the wall...highly doubt you can remember what the meat tasted like 10 years later.....however, I bet whoever you donated the meat to could still remember what it was like to receive it.

You are right, and I admit when I'm wrong. You probably (Maybe) aren't an Idiot. But you are clueless. Also a pile of holier then thou chit-head.

I've owned hunting boards longer then you've probably been hunting. You are a Mild "troll". a Mere bug on the windshield. Don't mix up with me being frustrated at how one sided and clueless you are as you "messing" with me.

Many Alaska Residents have a selfish mentality, and thats really what this whole thread is about when you cut through all the BS. The exact reason why NR's are largely forced to hire a guide for grizzlies, goats, and sheep.

I really don't think that is fair to say. Many Alaska residents are very accommodating for visiting hunters. The meat is your business and I'm sure those who received it were appreciative. But, with the knowledge that many DIY hunters are leaving meat and are just hunting horns, it'll be fairly easy for the APHA to convince the BOG to cut back on the number of Moose/Caribou taken by NR DIY hunters.

Many residents (including myself) think the NR guide requirement laws are stupid. Wanna be pissed? Look at the stunt the APHA pulled with NR black bear hunting in SE AK. Guaranteed tags for the guided hunters, drawing for unguided, taking effect in the fall of 2011. They cited a 50% wounding loss in their proposal. Look for them to pull a similar stunt with Moose and Caribou as they look to reduce the amount of DIY NR hunters and increase the amount of guided hunters.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back