Montana Spring Turkey

Gerald,
Cool you can watch turkeys on your property.I could handle that,I think.I watched a flock this morning down the road,jakes were posturing.Thanks for the offer.One of these years I might head north for a hunt,then take a crack at Idaho/Washington.For now I work my way East and visit South Dakota as well.Sorry,no apple trees here,but a fifty lb. bag of dog food left "around" works just the same.:rolleyes: Good luck with your spring hunts.

My boy drew one of 2 youth permits for Lewis & Clark/Broadwater counties. He was with me on my last turkey hunt a few years ago in CO and this year he gets to be the gunner.

He's pretty excited, plus we have some access to private, so it should be a good hunt.

I really wish they would start a bonus point system for turkey's. Been trying for years to get a tag near my house.

It seems like with the financial issues FWP is having they would be all over BP for turkeys to raise more funds. I am guessing it is more a result of lack of concern/interest of turkeys on the part of FWP. I assume turkeys are near the bottom of the list of species they focus their attention on.

Looks like i'll be hunting the ol turkey bird in the Gallatin/Madison area:) seems like the draw odds were pretty tough here, so i hope i didn't just waste all my draw luck on a bird:)

Never hunted them here, if anyone has a bead on some booner birds, be glad for some info.lol. Really just applied for a close place to take the kids.

New to Turkey hunting

Hello all. I live in Missoula and am new to Turkey hunting. I've got a general license and regional license for the West, SW, NW regions and I was lucky enough to pull a tag for Mineral County along the Idaho border in region 282.

I'd love to meet / hunt with an experienced Turkey hunter since there is only so much you can learn by reading, and then getting out there I guess.

Thanks in advance ...

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HappyClar
Back